Follow these steps to create an application.
- If you purchased EPM Cloud before June 4, 2019, log in and click Start under Finance, click Planning and Budgeting, and then select Enterprise. If you purchased EPM Standard Cloud Service or EPM Enterprise Cloud Service after June 4, 2019, log in and click Select under Planning, click Start to create a Planning business process, and then select Module. For more information, see New EPM Cloud Services in Getting Started with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud for Administrators to get started with the new services.
- Enter an application name and description and then click Next.
- Specify this information, noting that only monthly planning is supported.
Start and End year—Years to include in the application. Make sure to include the year that contains the historic actuals required for planning and analysis. For example, for an application beginning in 2018, select 2017 as the start year so that the latest actuals are available for trending and reporting purposes.
First Month of Fiscal Year—Month in which your fiscal year begins
Main Currency—For a multicurrency application, this is the default reporting currency and the currency against which exchange rates are loaded.
Multicurrency—Multicurrency support is provided by the Currency dimension, and enables planning in different currencies.
If you select Multicurrency, a member called No <Member> (for example: No Entity, No Period, No Version) is added to all dimensions to store currency information. You can’t edit or delete this member.
Watch this tutorial video to learn more about multicurrency applications.
For more information, see About Simplified Multicurrency.
- Name of Input Cube—Name for data entry (block storage) cube. You can’t later change the cube name.
Name of Reporting Cube—Name for the reporting (aggregate storage) cube. You can’t later change the cube name.
- Sandboxes—When you create an application, a block storage cube is created, which you can enable for sandboxes by selecting the Sandboxes option.
If you create a custom block storage cube in the application, you can use sandboxes in that cube. When creating the custom cube, select Enable Sandboxes. (Sandboxes aren't supported in the cubes created by default for the modules.) To learn more about setting up and using sandboxes, see Administering Planning and Working with Planning.
- Click Next and then click Create.