Enhancements available in certain releases, described here, require updates to some provided artifacts if you have customized the artifacts.
- If you haven't modified these artifacts (described in this topic), the artifacts and features are available to you with the release.
- Because customized artifacts aren't updated during a new release, if you've customized these artifacts and want to take advantage of the new features, perform these steps:
Perform a full backup after the update and download it locally.
- Review the list of modified artifacts and determine if you have modified any of them. See Reviewing Modified Artifacts.
Tip:For any artifacts listed below that you have modified, consider creating a copy of your modified artifact and using that as a reference for the changes you made to it. You can delete the copy after you reimplement your customizations.
- After the update, reverse the customizations to the artifacts you've identified to restore the artifacts to the provided format. See Reversing Customizations.
- Reimplement your customizations to the artifacts, if necessary.
- For any restored Calculation Manager rules or templates, after they are final, be sure to deploy the updated rules or templates to the application for any impacted artifacts. See Showing the Usages of a Custom Template and Deploying Business Rules and Business Rulesets.
Beginning with the March 2021 release, when you select Quarterly as the planning basis for Forecast for the first year, the provided valid intersections are set up so that forecast data entry is allowed only in the appropriate periods; quarterly forecast periods prior to the current month can't be updated. As part of this enhancement, some rules have been modified.
If you have made any customizations to these artifacts, follow the procedure in this topic to restore the artifacts and then re-apply your customizations.
- OFS_Trend Based Calculation
- OFS_Prepare Forecast
February 2021Beginning with the February 2021 release, EPM Planning Financials provides an option to enable Budget Revisions and integration with Budgetary Control. If you incrementally enable this option, (in Enable Features, you select Budget Revisions), a rule is modified to support the integration, listed below. If you have made any customizations to this artifact, follow the procedure in this topic to restore the artifact and then re-apply your customizations.
Modified Rules: Trend Based Calculation