Enhancements available in certain releases, described here, require updates to some provided artifacts if you have customized the artifacts.
- If you haven't modified these artifacts (described in this topic), the artifacts and features are available to you with the release.
- Because customized artifacts aren't updated during a new release, if you've customized these artifacts and want to take advantage of the new features, perform these steps:
Perform a full backup after the update and download it locally.
- Review the list of modified artifacts and determine if you have modified any of them.
Tip:For any artifacts listed below that you have modified, consider creating a copy of your modified artifact and using that as a reference for the changes you made to it.
- After the update, reverse the customizations to the artifacts you've identified to restore the artifacts to the provided format. See Reversing Customizations.
- Reimplement your customizations to the artifacts, if necessary.
- For any restored Calculation Manager rules or templates, after they are final, be sure to deploy the updated rules or templates to the application for any impacted artifacts. See Showing the Usages of a Custom Template and Deploying Business Rules and Business Rulesets.
November 2020 Update
Beginning with the November 2020 release, EPM Planning Projects provides an option to integrate with Oracle Fusion Cloud Project Management (Project Management). If you incrementally enable this integration option, (in Enable Features, you select Project Management Cloud Integration), some forms and rules are modified to support the integration, listed below. If you have made any customizations to these artifacts, follow the procedure in this topic to restore the artifacts and then re-apply your customizations.
This note is important for customers who want to enable integration with Project Management and/or want to load Plans/Forecasts into EPM Planning Projects. For segregating loaded versus calculated data, a new member, OPF_Load, has been added in the Resource Class dimension. Customers are advised to start using OPF_Load for loading data into EPM Planning Projects. This member ensures that the loaded data doesn’t get overwritten when you run calculations. Also, a new form has been added, Review and Adjust Project Expenses, which allows review and adjustments to the loaded data. You will not see loaded data in this form unless you are using OPF_Load for loading data.
Customers who don’t want to load Plan/Forecasts into EPM Planning Projects can continue to use the OPF_Direct Resource member for loading data.
Table C-1 EPM Planning Projects Modified Rules
|Add Project (OPF_Add Project)||Modified to include Project Number (Project ID) and Template as RTP inputs in addition to existing inputs when adding new projects.|
|Approve Projects (OPF_Approve Project)||Modified to set the integration status when a project is approved.|
|Roll up Project (OPF_Rollup Project Cube)||Added the OPF_Summary Resources hierarchy to the rollup.|
|Delete Project||Modified to disable deleting approved projects when Project Management Cloud Integration is enabled.|
Table C-2 EPM Planning Projects Modified Forms
|Changed the load intersection to OPF_Load.|
|Added additional properties related to the integration such as Project Integration Status and Project Template.|