If you have an existing EPM Planning Projects application and you incrementally enable Project Management Cloud Integration, perform these steps to update the application:
- For any existing projects that don't have an alias for project name, specify an alias. You can use the Dimension Editor or use the outline load utility.
The project alias corresponds with the project name in Project Management.
- For each project that you want to integrate, for the project property called Name, populate it with the same value as Alias. You can find Name in the Account dimension, under OPF_Required Properties. You can use the Dimension Editor or use the outline load utility.
- Rename existing project member names so that they are not more than 25 characters.
The project member name corresponds to the project number in Project Management.
When Project Management Cloud Integration is enabled, any new projects that you create require you to enter a Project Number, which is stored as the project member name in EPM Planning Projects.
- Associate a Project Management project template with each existing project in EPM Planning Projects. You can do this on the Project Details form or use the outline load utility.
- Approve projects in EPM Planning
Projects using the provided Approve Projects (OPF_Approve Projects) rule. Only projects that are approved can be exported to Project Management.
Approving a project sets the integration status to indicate that it's ready to export to Project Management.
You can also use the outline load utility to change project approval status and the integration status.
- When you incrementally enable Project Management Cloud Integration, the project reporting cube (PFP_REP) is not automatically enabled for custom members. Enable the project reporting cube as needed for:
- Custom members of Entities, Projects, and so on.
- Custom members available in dimensions used when Workforce is enabled, such as Jobs and Employees.
- Some rules and forms are modified to support this integration. If you've customized rules or forms, see Updating Projects Artifacts.
- Oracle recommends that you start using the new member OPF_Load for loading data. See Updating Projects Artifacts for details.
Next, export projects and project budgets from EPM Planning Projects to Project Management. See Exporting Project Data and Budgets from EPM Planning Projects to Project Management.