To load the import file:
- Create an import file for each artifact (dimensions, smart lists, and exchange rate tables) that you want to import. See Creating the Import File.
- Click Application, and then click Overview.
- Click Dimensions, and then click Import.
- On the Import Metadata page, click Create.
- Select the location of the import file or files:
Local—Loads the import file or files from a location on your computer. For Import File, click Browse to select the import file on your computer for the artifact you're importing.
Inbox—Loads the import file or files from the server. Enter the name of the file in Import File. See Uploading and Downloading Files Using the Application Inbox and Outbox.
- For File Type, select Comma delimited, Tab delimited, or Other.
If Other is selected, enter the delimiter character that is used in the import file. For a list of supported delimiter characters and exceptions, see Other Supported Delimiter Characters.
- Select Clear Members to delete members not explicitly specified in the load file before performing the import.
Any member not specified is deleted from the application outline after importing the dimension unless it's an ancestor of a member that was specified, or it's a base member of a shared member that was specified.
If Clear Members isn't selected, the import will only add or update existing members. Oracle recommends loading the metadata file without selecting Clear Members to make sure the file loads successfully. Then, select Clear Members and execute the import again
- Optional: If the location selected is Inbox, click Save as Job to save the import operation as a job, which you can schedule to run right away or at a later time. You can't select this option if Local is selected. See Managing Jobs.
Saving an import operation as a job is useful to batch a load sequence; for example, import metadata, then import data, then run rules when the data load is complete.
You can run up to five import jobs at one time.
- Optional: If the location selected is Local, click Validate to test whether the import file format is correct.
- Click Import to run the import operation.
If the cubes listed in the import file don't match the cube names in the application, the application will ignore unrecognized cube columns.
If the import fails, a Failed status will display in the Recent Activity column. Click to view the detailed status. If the load is successful, select All (instead of Errors) in the drop-down on the Status screen to see details about the import.