For details on the Consolidation dimension, see Consolidation Dimension.
First, the system processes these steps independent of the Parent Entity:
- Users can enter child entity data through manual input and/or data load and/or adjustments in the entity’s functional currency. The data is stored at the Entity Input member of the Consolidation dimension.
- During consolidation, the system runs the default calculation rules to fully calculate the Entity Input member and change the status to OK.
Next, the system processes these steps dependent on the Parent Entity:
- The system first translates the Entity Total data (including both Entity Input and Entity Consolidation (applicable only to parent entity) to the currency of its parent.
- The system then processes the translated data by applying the percent consolidation (PCON) as related to its parent, and stores the result at the Proportion member of the Consolidation dimension.
- For any intercompany data, the value is eliminated and data is stored in the Elimination member of the Consolidation dimension.
- The summation of Entity Proportion data and Elimination data is stored in the Contribution member of the Consolidation dimension.
- The system then aggregates the Contribution data of all child entities of a Parent entity. The system stores the consolidated result at the Parent entity’s Entity Consolidation member. The status of the parent entity changes to OK.