The system stores the different types of input in the Data Source dimension.
The optional members are created based on the options that you specify during application configuration. You can create additional members in the hierarchy as needed to track input, but you cannot remove any of the system-created members.
You cannot remove any View dimension members or create new members. You can edit member properties, such as Alias.
By default, the Performance Setting for the Data Source dimension is set to "Sparse". If you need to change this setting, you can alter the performance setting as outlined in Changing Performance Settings for the Data Source Dimension.
To define the Data Source Dimension:
- From the Home Page, select Application, then Overview, and then the Dimensions tab.
- Click Data Source, and then select the Edit Dimension Properties tab to set the properties.
- Optional: Select the appropriate optional properties for your application:
- Enter a Description for the Data Source dimension.
- Select an Alias Table, if available.
- Enter an Alias name for the Data Source dimension.
- Select Two Pass Calculation.
- Check to Apply Security.
- Select the type of Data Storage to be applied to the dimension:
- Under Display Option, select whether you want to display the Member Name or Alias in reports.
- Select Hierarchy Type, if available.
- Under Cube, select which cubes you want to use:
- Under Custom Attributes, click Create to add a new custom attribute. Enter a name for the attribute, and select the Data Type.
- Click Done.