After you have defined your Approval Unit, you can assign the Approval Unit Hierarchy to a specific Scenario, Year and Period combination. Only Scenarios that have Approvals Enabled in metadata are available for selection.
You assign only one Approval Unit Hierarchy to a specific Scenario/Year/Period. You cannot assign multiple Approval Unit Hierarchies to the same Scenario/Year/Period.
Note that the system automatically creates the "Total Geography" Approval Unit Hierarchy and assigns all possible years and periods for the Actual scenario when an application is created. If you are creating a new Approval Unit Hierarchy and want to assign a Scenario/Year/Period that is already assigned to "Total Geography", it is recommended that you first remove the Scenario/Year/Period entries from "Total Geography" and then add them to the new Approval Unit Hierarchy.
To assign approval unit hierarchy Scenario, Year, and Period combinations:
- Click the Navigator icon .
- Under Workflow, click Approval Unit Assignment.
- Add a Scenario, Year and Period assignment:
- Click in the Actions column for the approval unit.
- From the Scenario column drop-down, select the scenario to associate with the approval unit hierarchy.
- From the Years column drop-down, select the year to associate with the approval unit hierarchy.
- From the Period column drop-down, select the periods to associate with the approval unit hierarchy.You can select multiple periods at once, for example, Actual, FY19, January, February, March, and so on.
- Click OK.
A new assignment row is displayed.
To remove an assignment, click Delete .
- Click Save to save the assignments and continue.