The Questions tab is not displayed for automated tasks or parent tasks.
When you create a task, you may want the Assignee to answer questions about their actions before they indicate a task is complete. For example, you may ask if a certain process was followed when completing that task.
You can specify questions on the task. You can specify various types of questions, such as Text, Number, or True/False, and indicate whether they are required. If a question is required, the user must respond or they cannot submit the task for approval. You can also order the questions by using the Move Up and Move Down buttons.
For schedule tasks, users can respond to the questions from the Task Actions page. If you are creating or updating a task in a template, an additional column displays, showing whether the row is locked or unlocked to indicate whether the user can remove or update the questions. Rows that are locked cannot be edited or deleted because they are inherited from the Task Type.
In templates, the Task Type questions are displayed, but are not editable.
Only users who have the task Viewer role can respond to questions.
To add a question:
- On the Home page, click Application, and then click Task Manager.
- Click the Templates tab on the left and then click Tasks.
- From the Task dialog box, click Questions.
- Click Add.
- Enter the Question with 4000 characters or less.
- From the Type list, select a type:
Date and Time
Enter a list of valid responses to the question.
The maximum length should be less than 4,000 characters.
Select Multi-Line Text, and then enter the Number of Lines, from 3 to 50 lines. Multi-Line Text determines how many lines of text are visible without scrolling, on the Actions dialog boxes.
Select Include Attachments if you want to include an attachments section.
If you select Number, select number formatting options:
For Decimal Places, enter a value for the number of decimal places to display.
Select the Thousands Separator option if you want numbers to display a thousands separator (for example, 1,000.00)
From the Currency Symbol list, select a currency symbol, for example, Dollars ($).
From the Negative Number list, select how to display negative numbers, for example, (123).
From the Scale list, select a scale value for numbers, for example, 1000.
True or False
Yes or No
- Assign a Role (Assignee, Approvers, Owner, Viewer) to the question. Access is based on responsibilities.
- If the question is required, select Required.
The Required checkbox is disabled for Questions assigned to Owner or Viewer roles.
- Click OK.
- Optional: To change the order of questions, select a question, then click Move to Top, Move Up, Move Down, or Move to Bottom.
- Optional: To edit a question, select the question and click Edit. To remove a question, select the question and click Delete.