No drill through information is copied to the destination. Drill through information currently is available for Supplemental Data Manager posted data and Data Management loaded data. Since this is a copy operation, the drill through information available in the source is not copied to the destination.
Drill through is not retained for the copied Supplemental and Managed data.
- Data calculated by the system, for example, data generated during consolidation or tax calculation will not be copied.
- You can not copy data to a locked destination entity. There can be locking on the source entity but if the destination is locked, the Copy operation will not succeed.
- All Rates related data, for example Tax Rates, FX Rates, Override Rates and so on, will all also be copied to the destination for both the Consol and CbCR Cube.
To copy data, you must be a Service Administrator with Write access to the data. Source and Destination POV rules are as follows:
- The Period and Entity dimensions allow multiple member selection, for example Children(Norh America) or P1, P2, P3. When multiple members are selected in the source the destination selection must be identical. For example, if Children(North America) is specified as the source for the Entity dimension the destination Entity selection must be the same.
- For Period and Entity dimension, if a user does MULTI-selection in the Source POV, then the Destination POV becomes disabled for the selection (only view). Destination members are the same as selected at Source.
You can copy these types of data:
Tax Provision - Consol cube data
CbCR -CbCR Cube data
For Tax Provision and CbCR, you can specify whether to merge or replace the data.
The following members in these dimensions are fixed and not available for selection in the Copy process:
View - Periodic
Currency - Entity Currency
Account - <all members>
Movement - <all members>
Multi-GAAP - <all members>
Jurisdiction- <all members>
ICP - <all members>
Consolidation - Entity Input
After the Copy process, the Calculation Status for all destination entity data changes to Impacted. You must run consolidation to update the values.
To copy data:
- On the Home page, click Applications, then Overview.
- Click Actions and then Copy Data.
- Select the modules that you want to copy:
- Tax Provision
- CbCR --If CbCR feature is not enabled, this option is not displayed.
For Scenario and Year dimension, only single selections are allowed.
- For Tax Provision and CbCR, from Copy Options select a type of copy you want to run:
- Replace—All destination data cells are replaced by the source data cell values.
- Merge—The source data cell values are merged into the destination data cell values. Any existing destination data cells that are not part of the source selection will remain unchanged.
- For Source and Target, open the Select a Member dialog by clicking and select a Scenario, Year, Period or range or periods, and one or more Entity members from the Select a Member dialog
, and click OK.
To select members for Scenario, Year, Period and Entity in the Source and Target use the member selector (or you can enter manually). For Period and Entity multiple selection is possible.
Check the checkmark next to the member to select it in the Copy Data dialog.There is no multi-selection for Scenario and Year . They can be the same or different members in Source and Target. For Period and Entity, if multi-select is done in Source then Target is disabled, both will have the same members in Source and Target. If single selection is made then Source and Target can be different.
- To clear Supplemental Detail, select a DataSource member.
If "Supplemental Data" is selected as the DataSource, and if the data cell has a value posted from an SDM form, then the SDM form is "unposted or reopened" . By un-post or reopening the form, the system will clear the data and the drill link stored inOracle Tax Reporting Cloud and the form status will be reverted back to the first stage of the workflow and assigned back to the preparer. In summary, by doing an un-post or reopen of the SDM detail automatically clears the data cell value but it should not delete the supporting SDM detail data unless the user decides to re-deploy the form template.
If Data Management is selected as the datasource, or any other which contains the Data Management link , the system will always clear the value in the data cell and also the drill link.
- Select a type of Datasource from the Copy Data dialog either:
- All - All of below
- Supplemental Data - data posted from Supplemental Data Manager
- Managed Data - data copied or brought into system from Data Management
- Other Data - All data apart from Data Management and Supplemental Data Manager . All input data , for example Tax, Pre-Tax, Apportioned , TAR, BVT and so on.
For any source "Data Source" options selected, no "Target" member needs to be selected, the system automatically uses the same as selected in source and it can be a single or multi selection.
- For Target, select a Scenario, Year, Period or range of periods, and one or more Entity members to which to copy data.
- Click Run to submit the copy data task, and at the prompt, click Yes to continue.
Rates Data is copied by default irrespective of the selection made 'Tax Provision' or 'CBCR' .The system displays a message that the copy data task is submitted. You can monitor the task status from the Jobs console. From the Applications page, click Jobs, and then click on the job for more details.