Inactive workspaces consume valuable storage space and degrade system performance. Instance administrator can configure an instance to periodically purge inactive workspaces.
Note:To ensure the security and performance of your development environment, this functionality is not available in Application Express instances running in Oracle Cloud.
By enabling Workspace Purge Settings, you can configure Oracle Application Express to purge inactive workspaces. If a workspace is designated as inactive, Oracle Application Express sends notification email to each workspace administrator explaining that the workspace will be purged in a specific number of days. The workspace administrator can prevent the workspace from being purged by following an embedded link and following the online instructions.
22.214.171.124 Configuring Workspace Purge Settings
Configure workspace purge settings on the Workspace Purge Settings page.
To configure workspace purge settings:
- Sign in to Oracle Application Express Administration Services.
- Click Manage Instance.
- Under Instance Settings, click Workspace Purge Settings.
- On the Workspace Purge Settings, configure the following:
- Enabled - Select Yes to enable the workspace purge process. Select No to disable the workspace purge process.
- Language - Select the language of the text of emails sent to workspace administrators of inactive workspaces. Note that only one language can be selected for each instance.
- Purge Administration Email Address - Enter the email address (or From address) from which emails are sent to workspace administrators.
- Send Summary Email To - Enter a list of email addresses separated by commas. Recipients will receive a daily email summary of the purge process.
- Days Until Purge - Enter the number of days before a workspace is physically purged. For example, entering
10means a workspace will be purged 10 days after it is added to the inactive list.
- Reminder Days in Advance - Enter the number of days before the purge date to send a reminder email to workspace administrators. Reminder email criteria includes:
The workspace is on the inactive list.
There has been no activity in the workspace.
The workspace administrator has not chosen to follow the link in the email to prevent the workspace from being purged.
- Days Inactive - Enter the number of days of inactivity before a workspace is classified as inactive. Inactivity includes not logging into the workspace and the no runtime activity of any application in the workspace.
- Grace Period (Days) - Enter the number of days for the grace period. The grace period starts after workspace administrators click the link in the email to not have their workspace purged. If there is no activity during the grace period, the workspace is added back to the list of inactive workspaces.
- Maximum Execution Time (Hours) - Enter the number limiting the number of hours that the purge process may execute per run of the workspace purge job
- Maximum Number of Workspaces - Enter the maximum number of workspaces to be purged per run of the workspace purge job.
- Maximum Number of Emails - Enter the maximum number of reminder emails and workspace inactive emails to be send per run of the workspace purge job.
- Click Apply Changes.