Review these topics to determine which is the best path for you to select to upgrade Oracle Databases.
Overview of Steps for Upgrading Oracle Database Using Oracle GoldenGate
Review these steps to obtain a high-level overview of how to upgrade Oracle Database using Oracle GoldenGate.
Upgrading to the new Oracle Database release using Oracle GoldenGate consists of the following steps.
- Set up a target database running the earlier Oracle Database software release, using an existing database backup.
- Upgrade the target database to the new Oracle Database release.
- Synchronize the target database with the production database.
- Test your environment in active/live mode.
- Switch over the application to the target database.
- Perform comprehensive testing of the new release on the target database, including enabling any features that were installed disabled by default that you plan to use in the new Oracle Database release.
- Upgrade the production database to the new Oracle Database release.
Note:For complete details of this procedure, refer to the Oracle GoldenGate documentation.