As a user or service administrator, you can access various tools and tasks that you will need.
Users and administrators have access to Console actions from the Essbase web interface. Note that the bold terms below represent the options listed on the Console.
As a non-service administrator user, you can:
- Download desktop tools that you will install locally and use for administration, import, and export. See Set Up Your Client.
- Monitor your own user sessions.
- View database size statistics for applications for which you're a provisioned user.
As a service administrator, you can:
- Download desktop tools that you install locally and use for administration, import, and export. See Set Up Your Client.
- Set platform-based email configuration for email notifications of scenario status changes. See Enable Email Notifications for Scenario Status Changes.
- View Essbase logs. See Use Logs to Monitor Performance.
- Enable file scanner to scan files and ensure they're virus-free before they're uploaded into Essbase.
- Monitor and manage all user sessions.
- View database size statistics for all applications.
- View agent and server configuration and add Provider Services.
- Add substitution variables that apply to all Essbase applications. See Use Substitution Variables.
- View ODBC settings on the server, which can be used for debugging database issues.
- Enable Performance Analyzer to capture incremental log data according to the interval you set in the Console. See About Performance Analyzer and System Performance Templates.