Getting Started with Oracle GraalVM Enterprise
Oracle GraalVM Enterprise Edition is a high-performance runtime that yields significant improvements in application performance and efficiency. It provides a platform for innovation to enhance competitiveness and accelerate application modernization. GraalVM Enterprise is built on the Java SE Runtime Environment versions 8 and 11. The binaries are provided for Linux, macOS and Windows platforms on x86 64-bit systems.
The following distributions of GraalVM Enterprise are available for download:
This section guides you through downloading and installing GraalVM Enterprise and adding support for accompanying features. For a complete description of the product, navigate to GraalVM Enterprise overview.
Install Oracle GraalVM Enterprise
Choose a platform and proceed to the installation steps:
Install Additional Components
- Native Image ahead of time compilation functionality that allows scripted applications to be compiled ahead-of-time into a native machine-code binary. Note: Native Image plugin is available as an Early Adopter technology.
- LLVM toolchain – a set of tools and APIs for compiling native programs to bitcode that can be executed with the GraalVM LLVM runtime.
- Python – an implementation of the Python 3.7 language.
- Ruby – an implementation of the Ruby 2.6.5 programming language.
- R – a GNU R 3.6.1 compatible implementation of the R programming language.
- Wasm – an implementation of the WebAssembly (Wasm) programming language.
Note: Python, R, Ruby and Wasm are experimental and not recommended for production use at this time.
These components are not part of the GraalVM Enterprise base distribution and must be downloaded and installed separately. The components are pre-packaged as JAR files. To assist a user with the installation, GraalVM Enterprise includes GraalVM Updater, a command line utility, to install and manage additional components. Proceed to the installation steps to add a necessary component from above-listed to the GraalVM Enterprise core.