In Oracle Clinical One Platform, you can remove a study user (someone who is assigned to one or multiple studies) or you can remove a global user (someone who is assigned a global role and may have access to all studies in your organization).
This task can be performed by both a global user manager and a user administrator. We recommend you only perform this task if a user has been added to the study or the application in error.
Note:To keep a record of when a user had access to the study, we recommend you carefully specify the end date of a user's access to the study. This date is specified when you add a user in the study. For step-by-step instructions, see Add a user to a study in Oracle Clinical One Platform.
First, you must sign in to Oracle Clinical One Platform. For details, see Sign in and out of Oracle Clinical One Platform.
For step-by-step instructions on how to remove a user in Oracle Health IAMS, see Terminate or reinstate an account.
- Remove a user from a study
- On the Home page, click the study settings () on the study you want to edit, and select Open Settings.
- Below the study name, click the Users tab.
- Select the user that you want to remove.
- Below the study name, click Manage Users, and select Remove.
- On the Confirmation dialog, click Yes.