You can configure Content Server for Desktop, Records Management, and Oracle iPlanet Web Server.
Configuring Records Management in Content Server
If you are licensed to configure the Records Management in a WebCenter Content Managed Server, you can configure either a standalone Records Management, a universal (or fully functional) Records Management, or the Oracle URM Adapter in Content Server after you configure the WebCenter Content Records Managed Server.
The ContentFolios component is required for access to the Records Management web interface. This component is enabled automatically when you configure Records Management in the Content Server.
Do not disable the ContentFolios component.
To configure Records Management in the Content Server:
- From the Administration menu, choose Configure Records Settings to go to the Records Management Setup checklist, then click Configure Installation.
- On the Enabled Features page, select a Records Management option, and click Submit.
None: No Records Management functionality is configured.
Standalone: Enables basic Records Management functionality on Content Server.
Universal: Enables full Records Management functionality on Content Server. This includes Physical and External sources.
Adapter: Enables Universal Content Management Adapter functionality on Content Server.
- Restart the WebCenter Content Managed Server. See Starting and Stopping Managed Servers.After you restart the WebCenter Content, Records Management Setup checklist appears.
- If you selected Adapter, click Register Source on the Enabled Features page then enter values for the fields on the Register Source page:
Outgoing provider used to connect to the Records Managed Server. You can choose from the list of current outgoing providers, or you can click Add and create one. The provider dialog box shows an abbreviated list of provider fields.
You can also add providers from the regular Providers page. To view information about an existing provider, click Info in the Action column.
Name of the external source to be added to the Records Managed Server. The source name is required and cannot contain spaces.
Source Table Name
Prefix to use for creating database tables. The default value is the source name.
Source Display Name
Caption to use for showing the source name. Default value is the source name.
- Click Register.Before the source is registered, the following tests are run:
Validate the provider and test the connection to the Records Managed Server.
Validate the specified source values
Compare the retention schedules of the adapter and the Records Managed Server to determine if any items in the adapter are missing in the Records server. Before you can register the source, you must resolve any differences on the Import Retention Schedule page.
The retention schedule needs to be synchronized between the adapter and server. By default, all of the items that need to be resolved will be imported into the Records server. You will also have the option of deleting any of the items instead of importing them into the server. Before any items are imported or deleted, backups of retention schedules are made on both the adapter and the Records server, and the backups are checked in to Content Server.
- After the source is successfully registered, click OK on the confirmation page.After the source is registered, the Retention Schedule and Upload Content task will run in the background.
- Configure the adapter in the Configuration Wizard:
Table A-1 Adapter Options
Configure Custom Fields
Page where you enter custom fields on the external source. When you add or edit custom fields, you map them to existing document metadata fields defined in Content Server. You can use the same name for each field as defined in Content Serve, or you can rename the field. When the content is uploaded to the Records server as external content items, these fields map to their external field names.
You can configure the following custom fields:
Add or edit an external custom field
Configure the disposition actions or scheduled events
View the external source information
Configure Scheduled Times
Page where you enter when the scheduled tasks run. You can specify the interval at which the tasks are run (in hours, days, or weeks) and the time of day.
- From the Records menu, select Configure then Enabled Features.On the Enabled Features page, you can change the selection of features and dispositions. For the adapter, the features you select cannot be more than the features selected on the Records server..
Note:If you have changed any features or dispositions, restart the WebCenter Content.
About Configuring Oracle iPlanet Web Server as a Web Tier and Configuring Shared Folders
You can configure the Oracle iPlanet Web Server as a web tier for WebCenter Content. If you are using a cluster of WebCenter Content Managed Servers, you need to configure a shared file system for the WebCenter Content cluster.