- If you have not already done so, in the Change Center of the Administration Console, click Lock & Edit (see Use the Change Center).
In the left
pane, expand Diagnostics and select
On the Summary of Diagnostic Modules page,
click the name of the module containing the policy or policies for
which you want to create an action.
On the Settings for [Module Name] page,
select Configuration > Policies and Actions >
On the Create Action page, select an action type from the
- Select SMTP (E-Mail) to create an
action that will deliver a notification through e-mail.
- Select JMS Message to create an
action that will deliver a notification through JMS.
- Select Diagnostic Image to capture a
- Select JMX Action to create an action
that will deliver a notification through JMX.
- Select SNMP Trap to create an SNMP
- Select Thread Dump to create an
action that generates a specified number of thread dumps when
specific runtime conditions occur.
- Select Heap Dump to create an action
that generates a heap dump when specific runtime conditions
- Select Scale Up to create an action that will expand
a dynamic cluster by a specified number of dynamic server
- Select Scale Down to create an action that will
reduce a dynamic cluster by a specified number of dynamic server
- Select Script to create a script execution
- Select REST to create an action that will deliver a
notification through REST.
Note: Only one scaling action can be assigned to a given
Enter a name for the action in the Action Name
Enter the timeout period in the Timeout (in
seconds) field. The timeout period is the length of time,
in seconds, that an action has to complete execution before WebLogic
Server attempts to cancel it. By default, the timeout period is
0, which disables the action timeout.
To enable or disable the action, select or deselect the
Enable Action box, as appropriate.
Click Next. The page that is displayed next is different
for each of the different action types, listed above.
For more information, see:
Click Finish when you are done creating
your new action.
In the Change Center, click Activate