Administration Console Online Help
Create policies for a
diagnostic system module
To create a policy for a
diagnostic system module:
- If you have not already done so, in the Change Center of the Administration Console, click Lock & Edit (see Use the Change Center).
In the left
pane, expand Diagnostics and select
On the Summary of Diagnostic Modules page,
click the name of the module for which you want to create a
On the Settings for [Module Name] page,
select Configuration > Policies and Actions >
On the Create a Policy page, do the
Enter a name for the policy in the Policy Name
Select a policy type from the Policy
- Select Calendar Based to set a
policy based only on a schedule.
- Select Smart Rule to set a policy
based on a single built-in smart rule, evaluated on a
- Select Collected Metrics to set a
custom Java EL policy expression based on metrics exposed
through JMX, evaluated on a schedule.
- Select Server Log to set a policy
based on data written to server logs.
- Select Domain Log to set a policy
based on data written to the domain log.
- Select Event Data to set a policy
based on data from an instrumentation event generated by
WLDF instrumentation monitors.
To enable or disable the policy, select or deselect the
Enable Policy box.
The pages that are displayed next vary based on the policy type
you selected above.
For more information, see:
Click Finish when you are done creating your new
In the Change Center, click Activate