Use the Competencies window to create competencies
To create competencies:
1. Select the New button in the Find window.
2. Enter a name and description for the competence.
3. Enter the dates between which the competence is valid. You must enter a From date but you can leave the To date blank. If you enter a To date, ensure that it is wide enough to cover any competence elements you may need to create.
Entering a Rating Scale
5. Click the Scale radio button to use a rating scale to measure the competence against.
6. If you set up a default rating scale, it displays automatically for this competence, otherwise select one from the list. You can delete the defaulted rating scale and select another one, if required.
7. Select the Levels box if you want to check the proficiency levels for that rating scale, otherwise go straight to Entering Competence Details.
Entering Proficiency Levels
8. Click the Levels radio button to enter proficiency levels and behavioral indicators for the competence.
9. Select the Levels button and enter the first proficiency level and description. For example, enter 0 in the Level field and No Skill in the Name field.
10. Enter the behavioral indicator for that level, for example, 'No knowledge/expertise of scaffolding'. You can enter up to 2000 characters for each behavioral indicator.
Entering Competence Details
12. Select the main method of evaluating the competence, for example, written examination or observation.
13. Enter how often you need to evaluate the competence. For example, enter 5 if you have to evaluate the competence every 5 years.
14. Select the measure to identify how often you need to evaluate the competence. For example, select Year if you evaluate the competence every 5 years.
If you click this box, when you or another user later indicates that a person possesses this competence (using the Competence Profile), you must enter the certification method and date.
When you navigate to the Competencies window, the Find Competencies window automatically displays in front of it.
To query a competence using the Find Competence window:
1. Do one or both of the following:
- Enter a full or partial query on the competence name.
2. Choose the Find button.
Oracle Human Resources displays the competence for you to check.