Creating an Organization
Use the Organization window to set up:
- internal organizations, such as departments, divisions, and sections
- external organizations, such as benefits carriers, tax authorities, and recruiting agencies.
Prerequisites for All Organizations
Enter the names and addresses of your work sites in the Location window.
Enter organization types you need in the QuickCodes window, for the QuickCode Type ORG_TYPE.
Prerequisites for Business Groups
Enable the currencies you need. Normally your system administrator does this.
Note: Oracle Payroll is capable of paying employees working in other countries in the currencies of these countries, but does not provide the formulas needed to process taxes for employees paid in foreign currencies under other national legislations. You can write your own formulas in Oracle FastFormula, or contract with local third party vendors for the installation of tax routines.
Define the structures for the Job, Position and Grade Name key flexfields, and define the structures and at least one segment for the People Group and Cost Allocation key flexfields.
Make entries for the QuickCode Types FREQUENCY and BUDGET_MEASUREMENT_TYPE in the QuickCodes window.
Prerequisites for HR Organizations
To enter cost codes for these organizations, check that the Cost Allocation key flexfield includes a cost code segment, with a qualifier of Organization. This qualifier must be present for the segment to appear in the Organization window.
To create a new organization:
1. Enter a name that is unique within the Business Group, and optionally select an organization type.
Note: All Oracle applications you install share the information entered in the Organization window. Therefore organization names must be unique within a Business Group, and Business Group names must be unique across your applications network.
2. Enter a start date early enough for any historical information you must enter.
You cannot assign an employee to an organization before the start date of the organization.
3. Select a location to record the site address, if one exists. You can also enter an internal address to add more details such as a floor or office number.
Note: Your system administrator can limit the classifications you see to those relevant at your installation.
- Select Business Group to define a Business Group.
Attention: Classifying an organization as a Business Group is not reversible. Employees, organizations, and other data are partitioned by Business Group. Each Business Group must be viewed using a separate responsibility.
- Select HR Organization for all organizations (including Business Groups) to which you want to assign employees.
- Select Payee Organization when defining an external organization that is the recipient of a third party payment from an employee, for example a court-ordered payment. You can then select this organization on the Personal Payment Method window when entering a third party payment method.
6. Save all enabled classifications for this organization.
1. In the Organization window, query the organization if it does not already appear there. In the Organization Classifications region, select the classification for which to enter additional information, and choose the Others button to open the Additional Organization Information window.
2. This window displays the entry options available for the selected classification. Choose the option you want. Another Additional Organization Information window opens. Click in a field of this window to open a window for information entry.
3. Enter additional information for the classification.
Note: There is no additional information to enter for a Payee Organization.
Additional Information for Business Groups
Additional Information for HR Organizations