Entering Full Application Information
Use the People window and the Application window to enter an application if you need to do any of the following:
- record multiple assignments for an applicant
- record more than one address for an applicant
For other applications, you can use the Applicant Entry window.
- update applicant information
If you want to use your own status names to record the stages of your selection process, enter user statuses for the predefined applicant assignment statuses.
If you want to hold reasons for giving a status to an applicant assignment, enter the valid reasons as values for the QuickCode Type APL_ASSIGN_REASON.
1. Set your effective date to the date you want the applicant assignment to begin, such as the closing date for applications.
2. Enter personal information for the applicant in the People window.
3. Open the Application window. If you change the Date Received, this changes the effective start date for the applicant. You can enter the date you expect to hire the new recruit.
You cannot enter a Termination date in this window. You must use the Terminate Applicant window.
4. You can enter the name of the applicant's current employer.
5. If the application is for a specific vacancy, select the recruitment activity and vacancy. Assignment information from the vacancy is displayed. You can add more assignment details.
6. Select an applicant assignment status and the reason for giving this status. The applicant assignment status is the key to processing the application.
7. Optionally you can enter information, in the alternative regions, about:
- the recruiter who is responsible for handling the application
- the supervisor of the assignment
- the standard conditions and probation period for the assignment
- the source of the application, such as the type of recruitment activity, or the organization that recommended the applicant, or the employee who referred the application
Additional Application Information
If you want to hold further details of the applicant's skills, experience, or current situation, you can choose how to do this when you implement Oracle Human Resources. For example:
- Enter qualifications, deployment choices, and a personal competence profile for applicants. You can then perform suitability matches on these people using the web-based Suitability Match option (part of Line Manager Direct Access).
- Use attachments to hold free text information.
- Set up segments of the Additional Application Details descriptive flexfield to hold the information you require.