Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide > Using Email, Fax, and Other Systems > Configuring Client-Side Integration for Send Email >
Completing Configuration for Microsoft Outlook
This section describes the remaining steps for configuring the Siebel software to use Microsoft Outlook for the Send Email command.
To complete configuration for Microsoft Outlook email client
- Set the following parameters to TRUE in the configuration file on the Siebel Server (for Siebel Web Clients) or on the Mobile Web Client, such as uagent.cfg for Siebel Call Center.
These parameters are located in the [SWE] section of the configuration file. By default, these parameters are FALSE:
- As appropriate, specify a global default designating Microsoft Outlook as the email client your users will use for the Send Email command:
- Specify a global default designating IPM.Note.Siebel as the name of the email form you use with Microsoft Outlook:
- Specify a global default specifying where email attachments will be temporarily stored:
- As appropriate for your deployment, end users may specify Siebel user preference settings for their email client. Users may set user preferences, for example, if you are supporting more than one email client option for Send Email.
Setting user preferences overrides the corresponding global defaults specified using the Default Email Client or Siebel/Outlook Form parameters, described in Table 78. The global defaults are used if no user preference has been set.
Applicable user preferences in the Send Email section of the Outbound Communications options of the User Preferences screen include: