Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide > Communications Operations for End Users >
Creating Communications Profiles for Personal Use
This section describes creating communications profiles for personal use. Each user can create profiles for personal use in the My Profiles view in the Communications screen. Such profiles will be available to this user only.
NOTE: By default, end-user responsibilities such as Email Response Agent and Universal Agent do not have visibility to the My Profiles view (CommSrv CM Profile Personal View). Administrators can add this view to any responsibility, as required.
Profiles created by end users are generally applicable only to the Send Email and Send Fax commands.
For more information about using these commands, see Sending Email, Fax, and Page Messages.
Communications administrators, who create communications profiles for various purposes, can provide guidance to end users about creating personal profiles, addressing issues such as:
- How to name personal profiles
- For which drivers to create profiles
- Specify the profile parameters, and the override values
- How to use personal profiles
For more information about communications drivers and profiles, see About Communications Drivers and Profiles and Configuring Communications Drivers and Profiles.
For more information about communications drivers provided by Siebel Systems and about driver parameters for which you can provide override values in profiles, see Using Email, Fax, and Other Systems.
To create a communications profile for personal use
- Navigate to Communications > My Profiles.
The Profiles list displays the profiles that the user has created.
- In the Profiles list, add a new record.
- Enter the name of the profile.
The name can be any unique name among existing profiles—including profiles for which you do not have visibility. Typically, you specify your email address as the name—which you also specify as a parameter override value for the From Address parameter.
- Specify a communications driver on which to base this profile. For profiles for email or fax, select Internet SMTP/POP3 Server.
- Specify parameter override values for the profile:
- In the Profile Parameter Overrides list, add a new record.
- For the Name field, specify a driver parameter name for which you provide an override value.
For example, you want to add the From Address parameter. You may also want to provide a value for the Reply-To Address parameter. In some cases, your administrator may instruct you to add the SMTP Server parameter.
- For the Value field, specify the value for the parameter. For example:
- For From Address, you want to specify your own email address, using the appropriate form.
- For Reply-To Address, specify a reply address, if it differs from that specified using From Address.
- For SMTP Server, specify the name of the SMTP server that is to process your outbound email communications.