Going Live with Siebel Business Applications > Migrating Customizations Between Applications >
Creating ADM Data Types
Creating Application Deployment Manager (ADM) data types is a task in the Process for Migrating Customizations Between Applications. Use the ADM GUI to complete this task. Creating an ADM data type establishes a reference to the content object, for example, an assignment rule or price list.
To create an ADM data type
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigation > Site Map > Application Deployment Manager screen.
- From the link bar, click Data Type Details.
- In the Data Types Details list, click the menu button and then New Record.
- In the Data Type Object field, select the content object associated with the data type you want to migrate, for example, a product line or list of values.
NOTE: If a content object is not available, make sure it is configured in Siebel Tools, and compiled into the SRF in use by the application. See Creating Integration Objects for ADM for further information.
- In the Name field, type in a descriptive name for the data type.
- Click the menu button and then Save Record.
ADM sets the Data Type Active field check box by default. Clearing this field sets the data type to inactive. In the inactive state, the data type cannot be added to a deployment project, a subsequent task in Process for Migrating Customizations Between Applications.
Figure 2 shows an example of creating an ADM data type.
Figure 2. Creating an ADM Data Type