Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Master-Detail Reports > Example—Creating a Master-Detail Report >
Creating a Report Design in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional
Now the new report design is created, and the major structural components are added.
To create a master-detail report design in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional
- Open Actuate e.Report Designer Professional.
- Open the srvreqaa.rod (Service Request Activity - All) report design.
- When prompted, locate and include the sssrvreq.rol library file from the \Siebdev\RPTSRC\LIB (or equivalent) folder.
The library path is updated and will result in the srvreqaa.rod file changing.
- Close the Actuate Output pop-up window.
- Close the srvreqaa.rod report design and click Yes All when prompted to save the report design and library.
The srvreqaa.rod report and your new Account - Opportunity/Contact Detail report will share frame components from this library. If any customizations need to take place in either report, the component is subclassed first to keep the changes local to one report.
- Choose File > New. In the Create New Report window, select Blank Report and click OK.
A blank design report appears.
- Delete the components Report and SimplePageList in the Content and PageList sections of the blank report.
For removal of Report and SimplePageList components, it is recommended that the components be deleted using the Project Browser:
- Navigate to View > Project Browser > Symbols.
- Delete the following components under the class NewReportApp Subclass Of AcReport:
- Close the Project Browser.
- Choose Tools > Library Organizer.
The Include Library window appears.
- Before adding the libraries remove the two existing sample libraries (erd_sample_library.rol and sample_sfdata_library.rol) and click More.
- Click Browse and navigate to \Siebdev\RPTSRC\LIB (or equivalent on your system), choose sssiebel.rol and click Open.
- Repeat this step for the files sscustom.rol, sssrvreq.rol, acopcon.rol, and sssiebel.bas.
NOTE: If the acopcon.rol library file is not in the folder named in Step b, navigate to \Siebdev\RPTSRC\ENU\LIB (or the equivalent on your system).
- Click OK to close the Include Library window when all the files are added.
- Click OK to close the Library Organizer.
The files sssiebel.rol and sscustom.rol are required libraries for all Siebel standard and custom reports. The acopcon.rol library file is the data supply ROL file that you generated from Siebel Tools; it will define the way data is transferred to the new report.
NOTE: Components from afc.rol (and or components from the Actuate e.Report Designer Professional toolbar) and sssiebel.rol should not be used by report developers for designing Siebel-Actuate reports. When developing Siebel application reports, only use the sscustom.rol library.
- Right-click on the top-level object (default name NewReportApp) and select Rename.
The Rename window appears.
- Double-click the acopcon (top level) icon in the structure tree.
- In the Component Editor window, click Class.
- Change the Super Class value from AcReport to ssReport.
This is an important step. Siebel reports must inherit from ssReport (the Siebel standard report) instead of directly from AcReportSection (Actuate report). ssReport is provided in sscustom.rol and inherits from baseReport from sssiebel.rol.
NOTE: You cannot perform this step until you have included the sssiebel.rol library.
Two components are automatically added to the report when you change the report's class: a report section (ssRpt) and a pagelist section (ssPageList).
- While still in the Component Editor for the acopcon (top level) icon, click Properties.
- Save the report design by choosing File > Save. Name the report acopcon.rod and specify a location where you want the report to be saved; for example, \Siebdev\RPTSRC\custom\acopcon.rod.
Remember to save the design file periodically as you work.
- Make sure that the Show Empty Slots option in View > Options is checked.
You may want to deselect this option at a later time if you find the display of empty slots in the structure tree and layout pane distracting. For now, the empty slots must be visible because components will be dragged onto them from the sscustom library.
- Expand the top-level report component.
- Right-click the report section child component in the structure tree (ssRpt) and select Slot Information.
The Single Structure Reference window appears.
- Verify name is set to ssRpt.
Click Subclass and click Close. The report section child component will now be named ssRpt1. You must subclass each component you introduce into the report if you plan on modifying the component. Otherwise, the system will not allow your changes.
- Right-click the report section (ssRpt1) and click Rename. Change the name to ssRptAccount.
It is good design practice to employ naming conventions for components in your reports and to give them meaningful names. The ssRpt prefix indicates that this is a report section based on the ssReport library component. The Account suffix identifies this as the master report section in which account records are displayed.
- Expand the report section component (ssRptAccount).
- Click the Library Browser button and open the sscustom.rol library.
- Drag and drop the ssGrp library component onto the Content child slot of the report section.
- Right-click the group section component (ssGrp) and subclass following Step 14.
- Right-click the group section component (ssGrp1) and click Rename.
- Change the name to ssGrpAccount.
- Right-click the group section component (ssGrpAccount) and click Properties. In the Key property, enter ssName.
- Close the ssGrpAccount - Component Editor window.
- Drag and drop the ssSeq library component onto Content - ssGrpAccount. When prompted, click Use As Content.
This provides the sequential section that causes the subreports to execute in sequence.
- Subclass the sequential section and rename it ssSeqAccount following Step 14.
- Drag and drop the ssRpt library component onto the Content - ssSeqAccount sequential section. Subclass following Step 14 and rename it ssRptOpportunity. Expand this report component.
- Drag and drop the ssRpt library component onto Content - ssSeqAccount sequential section again. Subclass this report component following Step 14 and rename it ssRptContact. Expand this report component.
- Close the Library Browser window.