Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX: Servers, Mobile Web Clients, Tools > Installing in Unattended and Console Modes > Installing and Configuring in Console Mode >
Installing Siebel Applications in Console Mode
The following procedures describe the installation of the Siebel application in console mode.
To install in console mode
- Open a new shell and navigate to the Siebel image location for the current software version. Then navigate to the directory where the main installer is located.
For example, for Solaris, navigate to Siebel_Image/Solaris/Server/Siebel_Enterprise_Server.
- Siebel_Image = The directory for your version-specific Siebel network image, such as
- Execute the following command:
UNIX_OS -is:javaconsole -console -args SS_SETUP_INI=
- UNIX_OS = Your UNIX operating system, such as aix, hp, or sol.
- main_installer_siebel.ini_path = The full path, including the filename, to the main installer siebel.ini file that you edited using the procedures in Editing siebel.ini Files for Console Mode Installation.
NOTE: There should be no spaces before and after the equals sign in the command.
For example, for AIX, you might enter:
./setupaix -is:javaconsole -console -args SS_SETUP_INI=/export/home/Siebel_Install_Image/22.214.171.124/AIX/Server/Siebel_Enterprise_Server/siebel.ini
Optionally, you can append additional flags to your command. For more information, see Additional Flags for Installation Commands.
The console mode installation script appears. For more information about specific prompts, see the module-specific installation chapters later in this guide.
- Launch the configuration in console mode or GUI mode.