Upgrade Guide for DB2 UDB for z/OS > How to Perform the Upgrade >
Process of Upgrading a Production Environment
Upgrades: All upgrades.
Environments: Production environment only. Does not apply to production test environment.
This process is part of a roadmap. See Roadmap for Performing the Upgrade.
This topic lists the tasks required to transition your production test environment to production. Print this topic and use it as a checklist for doing the upgrade.
The topic is divided into sections, each containing numbered steps. Complete the steps in the order shown.
Upgrade Third-Party Software
- Upgrade third-party software as required due to dependencies on Siebel software or other installed software. For example, you may need to upgrade the following software:
Upgrade the Servers
Verify you have identified all the maintenance releases, Fix Packs, and quick-fix patches required for the upgrade. These requirements are documented in Siebel Maintenance Release Guide on My Oracle Support.
To perform the following steps, see the Siebel Installation Guide for the operating system you are using and Implementing Siebel Business Applications on DB2 UDB for z/OS.
- Install the Siebel Gateway Name Server, Siebel Servers, and Siebel Web Server Extension (SWSE).
The upgraded Siebel Servers will not work correctly with the RDBMS server until after you have upgraded the Siebel Database to the new release.
- Install the Siebel Database Server files on the Siebel Server you will use to perform the upgrade.
- Install language packs for your currently deployed languages and any new languages.
- If you have customized the configuration of Enterprise components, such as Siebel Servers, you must manually enter the customizations in the upgraded environment. See Going Live with Siebel Business Applications.
NOTE: You do not install a new Siebel database as part of upgrading the Siebel Enterprise.
Upgrade the RDBMS
- If required, upgrade the RDBMS version. Refer to the vendor's documentation to perform the upgrade. For information on supported RDBMS systems, see Siebel System Requirements and Supported Platforms on Oracle Technology Network.
Identify and Resolve Duplicate Row IDs
- 6.2.1 upgrades only: Identifying and Resolving Duplicate Row IDs.
After you install the Siebel Database Server software, but before you upgrade to this release, you must identify and resolve any duplicate row IDs in your Siebel Database.
Preupgrade Tasks for the Siebel Database
- Review Siebel Technical Notes and Siebel Alerts on upgrading to the current release. Make revisions to the upgrade process as required. See Important Upgrade Planning Resources.
- Review 477519.1 (Article ID) on My Oracle Support. This document was previously published as Siebel Technical Note 521. It contains important changes to database records and repository objects that must be made during the upgrade. See Important Upgrade Planning Resources.
- Review guidelines for configuring the RDBMS. See Implementing Siebel Business Applications on DB2 UDB for z/OS.
- Verify that the Workflow Monitor and Workflow action agents have processed all pending requests.
- Stop the Siebel Server and the Siebel Gateway Name Server.
- Verify there are no open database connections.
- Perform the tasks in Basic Database Preparations.
Preupgrade Tasks for a Production Environment Upgrade
- Perform the relevant tasks in Preparing a Production Environment for Upgrade.
You must perform the task Transferring the Customized Repository and Schema Definition Files.
Preupgrade Tasks for Application Data
- Perform the relevant tasks in Preparing Application Data for Upgrade.
Some of these tasks are optional, depending on the currently installed Siebel products and your upgrade path. Review and perform these tasks as necessary.
Upgrade the Siebel Database Schema (upgrep + upgphys)
- Verify you have a current backup of the production environment database.
- On the Siebel Server you used to upgrade the production test environment, create an ODBC to connect to the production environment database.
- Run the Database Server Configuration utility:
- Enter configuration information for the production environment. The master UCF file is updated with the production environment configuration.
- Review the following topic and perform the procedure if applicable: Migrating Address Data from Custom Extension Columns.
- Enter Yes on the Database Server Configuration utility screen to launch the Siebel Upgrade Wizard. SQL commands are executed on the production database until the Upgrade Wizard stops at the First Pause.
NOTE: If you have completed a production test upgrade and have generated and tuned the SQL and JCL upgrade scripts that are run on the mainframe, you may not have to perform all of the tasks listed in the rest of this section. Instead of transferring the files generated by the Upgrade Wizard to the mainframe, use the files that you generated and tuned during the Production Test environment upgrade to perform the mainframe upgrade tasks. Then resume the Upgrade Wizard on the midtier so that it can perform the midtier upgrade tasks. Siebel Expert Services can advise on which of the following steps you must run; this may depend on the upgrade script tuning that you have performed.
- Preparing the z/OS Host Environment.
- Resuming the Siebel Upgrade Wizard After the First Pause.
- Transferring Control Cards and Schema DDL Files to the z/OS Host.
- Preparing the Schema and JCL Files on the z/OS Host.
- Installing Stored Procedures on the z/OS Host.
- Preparing Siebel-Scheduled Jobs on the z/OS Host.
- Optimizing the Target Job Stream, Part 1.
- Optimizing Old-Schema Index Rebuild Jobstreams.
- Loading Log Tables on the Source Database.
- Loading Log Tables on the Target Database.
- Executing the Upgrade on the z/OS Host (Phase 1 of 2).
- Resuming the Siebel Upgrade Wizard on the Midtier After the Second Pause.
- Transferring the Index Schema to the z/OS Host.
- Preparing Siebel-Scheduled JCL.
- Optimizing the Target Job Stream, Part 2.
- Executing the Upgrade on the z/OS Host (Phase 2 of 2).
- Performing Intersection Table Maintenance.
- Resuming the Siebel Upgrade Wizard on the Midtier After the Third Pause.
- Reviewing Upgrade Log Files for Errors.
- If the upgrade contains unacceptable errors, do the following:
- Restore the backup of the database.
- Correct the errors.
- Rerun the Database Server Configuration utility.
- Manually Archiving Upgrade Log Files.
- Installing New License Keys After Upgrade.
- Back up the upgraded database.
- Deleting Redundant Upgrade Files.
Postupgrade Tasks for Environment Setup
- Updating File System Attachments.
- Generate a Siebel Remote database template file. See Siebel Remote and Replication Manager Administration Guide and Upgrading Siebel Mobile and Dedicated Web Clients.
- Generate database extracts for all Regional Servers in the deployment. See Upgrading Regional Servers.
- Reset upgrade-specific parameters back to their defaults. See Resetting Database Server Configuration Parameters.
- Checking for Inactivated EIM Table Columns.
- Run database statistics. For more information on running statistics, see Generating RUNSTATS.
NOTE: The production environment is now upgraded. The remaining sections deal with configuration and validation tasks.
Postupgrade Tasks for Configuration
- If you exported data from interface tables before the upgrade, review the database and import the data as desired.
- Upgrading to RC2 or AES Encryption.
Configure for Globalization
- Upgrading to the Symbolic String Model.
- Setting Up Your Environment to Support Global Time Zone.
Activate and deploy workflows. To perform these tasks, see Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide.
- Upgrading Seeded Workflows.
- Upgrading Inbound Workflows.
Verify Application Integration
- Verify that EAI and EIM integrations are set up correctly. For information on using EAI and EIM, see Overview: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration and Siebel Enterprise Integration Manager Administration Guide.
- Updating Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) After Upgrade.
Postupgrade Tasks for Application Administration
- Review the results of the Person and Organization merge. Make configuration changes as required.
- Generating Reporting Relationships After Upgrade.
- Validating Dock Objects and Rule Definitions.
- Perform the tasks in Postupgrade Tasks for Applications to prepare for system testing.
Perform System Tests
- Thoroughly test all applications.
Deploy to Users
- If you have customized the configuration of Siebel Enterprise Server components, such as Siebel Servers, you must manually enter the customizations in the upgraded environments. See Going Live with Siebel Business Applications.
- Use the Siebel Application Deployment Manager to migrate administrative data such as LOVs and responsibilities from development to production. See Going Live with Siebel Business Applications.
- Use Siebel Packager to create language packs for remote installation. See Going Live with Siebel Business Applications.
- Use Siebel Anywhere to create installation kits for deployment. See Siebel Anywhere Administration Guide.
- Generate a Siebel Remote database template. See Siebel Remote and Replication Manager Administration Guide.
- Set up database extraction for Siebel Mobile Web Clients. See Siebel Remote and Replication Manager Administration Guide.