Siebel Application Deployment Manager Guide > Creating an ADM Package > Process of Creating ADM Deployment Units from Database Types >
Enabling the ADM Deployment Project
Enabling the Application Deployment Manager (ADM) deployment project is a step in Process of Creating ADM Deployment Units from Database Types.
Enabling the project:
- Validates data filters created on the data types.
- Enables the project for use in deployment sessions.
- Locks the project values; that is, none of the project values can change except the Active field. (If you deactivate the project value by clearing the Active field, you cannot deploy the project.)
NOTE: After a project is enabled, you cannot update it, but you can deactivate it to prevent further usage. To update an enabled project, copy the project, and provide a different name.
To enable the ADM deployment project
- Navigate to the Application Deployment Manager screen > Deployment Projects view.
- In the Deployment Projects list, select the draft deployment project of interest. (The Status field of the draft deployment project record appears as Draft.)
- Click the Enable button to activate the project.
ADM populates the Status field with Enabled and the Publication Date/Time field with the date and time of the project activation.