Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide > Workflow Policies > About Creating Workflow Policies >
Creating a Workflow Policy Action
The procedure for creating a workflow policy action is described below. Examples of creating workflow policy actions for specific workflow policy programs follow the procedure.
To create a workflow policy action
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Business Process > Actions.
- In the Actions applet, click New Record from the applet-level menu and enter the name of the workflow policy action. This name is the one that appears in the Actions Applet of the Workflow Policies Policies view.
- Pick a workflow policy program type from the picklist in the Program field.
- Select a workflow policy object, if applicable, from the picklist in the Workflow Object field. If you specify a workflow policy object, this action appears only on the Actions Applet of the Workflow Policies Policies view for policies associated with this workflow policy object.
- Enter a description of the purpose of the action in the Comments field.
- In the Arguments applet, pick one or more of the arguments and enter the appropriate value. The available arguments change according to the workflow policy program type you select in Step 2.
NOTE: See About the Arguments Applet in the Workflow Policies Action View for a description of the Argument applet for the specific workflow policy program types.
- If the workflow policy program is either Send Email, Send Page, or Send Message Broadcast, enter the recipients of the action in the Recipient applet.
NOTE: You cannot execute a business service from a Workflow Policy Action.
Examples of Workflow Policy Actions
The following are several examples of workflow policy actions for specific situations. You can use these examples as the basis for creating your own workflow policy actions.