Siebel Server Sync Guide > Administering Siebel Server Sync > Establishing Domains for SSSE >
Setting Required Siebel Domain Fields and Defaults
The administrator can set which Siebel domain fields require a value, and must specify a default value for each required field.
When a user creates a new Contact, Appointment, Employee, or To Do record in the Siebel application, the application cannot save the record until all required fields have a value. Similarly, if a user creates a new Microsoft Exchange Contact or Task record, SSSE synchronizes the record only if either the administrator has specified a default value to use when the field is empty, or if the Exchange record includes values to synchronize to all Siebel fields that require them.
The following procedure describes how to specify that a field requires a value, and how to provide a default value for that field.
To set required Siebel domain fields and defaults
- From the Siebel application menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - PIM Server Integration > Siebel Domains.
- In the Siebel Domains list, select the domain for which you want to set required fields.
- In the Siebel Domain Fields list, select the field you want to make required.
- Select the Required check box.
NOTE: If Required field is not visible, to make it visible click Menu and choose Columns Displayed.
- In the Default Value field, enter the value you want to use as the default value.