Siebel Server Sync Guide > Administering Siebel Server Sync > Establishing Domains for SSSE >
Setting Required PIM Domain Fields and Defaults
The administrator can set which PIM domain fields require a value, and must specify a default value for each required field.
When the user creates a new Contact, Appointment, Employee, or To Do in the Siebel application, SSSE synchronizes the record with the Exchange Server only if either the administrator has specified a default value to use when the field is empty, or if the Siebel record includes values to synchronize to all Exchange fields that require them.
NOTE: In any individual Exchange record, the user can change the value of the field from the default value to another value, but only an administrator can choose a different value to be assigned as a default.
The following procedure describes how to specify that a PIM field requires a value, and how to provide a default value for that field.
To set required PIM domain fields and defaults
- From the Siebel application menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - PIM Server Integration > PIM Domains.
- In the PIM Domains list, select the domain for which you want to set required fields
- In the PIM Domain Fields list, select the field you want to make required.
- Select the Required check box.
NOTE: If Required field is not visible, to make it visible click Menu and choose Columns Displayed.
- In the Default Value field, enter the value you want to use as the default value.
If the Default Value field contains the value Not Set, then the user must enter a string value; no default value is established.