Siebel Server Sync Guide > Customizing Siebel Server Sync > Process of Customizing SSSE >
Example of Changing Data Maps (Existing Field)
This topic gives one example of changing data maps as part of customizing SSSE. You may use this feature differently, depending on your business requirements.
Continuing with the example from Example of Changing Integration Objects (Existing Field), you want to change the name of the existing EmployeePosition field to Position. To accomplish this, you must change the PIMSI Employee Inbound Map and the PIMSI Employee Outbound Map. For more information about Integration Objects, see About SSSE Integration Objects.
To change the data map for an existing field
- Use the SRF that contains your changes to Integration Objects.
- In your Siebel application, from the application-level menu, select Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Integration > Data Map Editor.
- In the Integration Map Object list, select PIMSI Employee Inbound Map.
- In the Integration Component Map list, select EmployeePosition_EmployeePosition, and then scroll down.
- In the Integration Field Map list, use standard query techniques to locate and select the record in which Source Expression has a value of [EmployeePosition], and change that value to [Position].
- Save the record.
- In the Integration Map Object list, select PIMSI Employee Outbound Map.
- Repeat Step 4 through Step 6.