Siebel Server Sync Guide > Siebel Server Sync Architecture Overview >
PIMSI Engine Data Flow
The following steps describe the data flow that takes place during either initial extractions or ongoing extractions:
- An administrator enables a user for synchronization.
- At preconfigured intervals, PIMSI Dispatcher determines which users have synchronization enabled. For each such user, the Dispatcher sends a Task Request to PIMSI Engine, requesting synchronization of Exchange data for that user. If the user's Siebel data has changed since the user's last successful synchronization, or if the user has not yet synchronized successfully, then the Task Request also asks for synchronization of the applicable Siebel data.
- PIMSI Engine determines which data must be synchronized for the user, for both Siebel data and Exchange data. This involves requesting data from both the Siebel database and the Exchange Server.
- PIMSI Engine sends data from the Siebel database to the Exchange Connector, which identifies the user's mailbox on the Exchange Server and writes to it.
- PIMSI Engine uses EAI methods to write data from the Exchange Server to the Siebel database.
NOTE: This data flow relies upon database triggers recording information in the S_SD_SYNC_INFO table about changes to Siebel data.