Siebel Chat Guide > Managing Siebel Chat > Process of Setting Up Oracle Contact On Demand Administration Manager >
Setting Up a Chat Project in Oracle Contact On Demand Administration Manager
Projects in Oracle Contact On Demand are organized under entities called companies. Setting up a project in Oracle Contact On Demand Administration Manager enables you to control:
- How to route chat requests
- The Web pages to display to the user while Oracle Contact On Demand handles the request
- The Web page content to provide to agents, which they can send to users
A project set up for chat can be associated with only one workgroup, so that the incoming chat request can be routed to its destination. To set up a chat project in Oracle Contact On Demand for Siebel Chat, you must create a project definition and then enable it to handle chat interactions, as described in the following procedure. This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Oracle Contact On Demand Administration Manager.
To set up a chat project in Oracle Contact On Demand Administration Manager for Siebel Chat
- Navigate to the Options screen, then Projects view in Oracle Contact On Demand Administration Manager, and click Add.
- On the Projects screen that opens on the General tab, enter a name and description for the chat project, select the Use this Project for Billing check box, and then click Apply.
- Go to the Chat tab and:
- Select the Enable Chat Project (Use Default Project Language) check box. Doing this enables the project for chat media.
- From the Route Chat to Workgroup drop-down list, select the workgroup to which you want to route the chat requests from this project.
Workgroups must be set up first. For more information about workgroups, see Setting Up Workgroups in Oracle Contact On Demand Administration Manager.
- Go to the Push Pages subtab, and do the following:
- From the First Push Page, Connected, Disconnected, If No Agent Available, and If Contact Center is Closed drop-down lists, select the Web pages to send to the user.
If required, define a chat push page sequence.
NOTE: To set values for the available options here, a URL library must be set up first. For more information about URL library setup, see Creating a URL Library in Oracle Contact On Demand Administration Manager.
- Select Siebel Chat Extensions from the Parameter Extensions drop-down list.
This option must always be selected for Siebel Chat. However, if you want to customize the customer and agent chat UI, contact your system administrator or Oracle account support representative for more information.
- If you want to perform a test to ensure that all setups in Oracle Contact On Demand have been carried out correctly, click Create Page to generate a Chat Request Form for your chat project, then use this page to test Oracle Contact On Demand chat communications.
NOTE: Siebel Chat provides a universal chat page (siebel_request_chat.jsp) with an API to pass the data included in a chat request form. Your self-service Web application must implement this page to call the Siebel Chat (siebel_chat_page.jsp) page.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
- Click OK when finished setting up your chat project.
For more information about setting up projects in Oracle Contact On Demand, see Oracle Contact On Demand Administration Manager Guide.