Siebel Chat Guide > Managing Siebel Chat > Process of Setting Up Oracle Contact On Demand Administration Manager >
Setting Up User Accounts in Oracle Contact On Demand Administration Manager
Siebel Chat can be used by administrators, supervisors, and agents. An account must be set up in Oracle Contact On Demand for each administrator, supervisor, and agent user of Siebel Chat. This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Oracle Contact On Demand Administration Manager.
To set up user accounts in Oracle Contact On Demand Administration Manager for Siebel Chat
- Log in to Oracle Contact On Demand Administration Manager as administrator, and navigate to the List of Companies screen.
- On the company list page, click the row of the company for which you want to set up user accounts, then click Edit.
- Navigate to the Options screen, then Agents view, and click Add.
The Agents screen opens to the Profile tab.
- On the Profile tab, specify the First Name, Last Name, Username, Password, and Access Permission level for the account. Table 3 outlines the main access permission levels for Siebel Chat users.
NOTE: When setting up user accounts in Oracle Contact On Demand Administration Manager, the First Name value provided is the name that is seen by customers who are chatting with the agent. If using aliases for your agents, make sure that you set the value of First Name to an alias that you want the customer to see. The First Name value that you set here corresponds to the agent's Alias value on the Person record in Siebel Call Center. For more information about setting an alias, see Setting Up an Alias for Siebel Chat Users in Siebel Call Center.
- Go to the Controls and Restrictions tab, then enable the available options as required.
- For example, enable wrap-up for all user accounts:
Specify the amount of wrap-up time (in seconds) that the agent has to wrap-up an interaction. After this specified wrap-up time, the chat session is released, and the agent is available for another interaction.
- If creating or editing a supervisor account, specify the level of access in the Supervisor Permissions section.
- If you want to allow agents to handle more than one chat interaction at a time, set the maximum number of simultaneous interactions for chat by specifying a value on this tab.
- Go to the Regional Settings tab, then specify the time zone and date format.
- Go to the Email tab, then specify the agent's email address. This is a required Oracle Contact On Demand setting.
- Go to the Phone tab, then specify the phone data (agent extension number and type of phone) for the agent. This is a required Oracle Contact On Demand setting.
- Depending on the type of account that you are creating, go to the Administration Configuration tab, Agents to Supervise tab, or Supervisors tab, as required:
- If creating an administrator account, go to the Administration Configuration tab, and specify the options to be made available to this administrator account.
- If creating a supervisor account, go to the Agents to Supervise tab, and specify the agents that this supervisor will supervise.
- If creating an agent account, go to the Supervisors tab, and specify the supervisor that will supervise this agent.
- Go to the remaining tabs as required (for example, Skills, Workgroups, Follow Me, and so on), and configure the available options, as required.
NOTE: You must define workgroups and skills for your company first, and then associate agents with them.
- Click OK.
For more information about creating user accounts in Oracle Contact On Demand, see Oracle Contact On Demand Administration Manager Guide and also Setting Up Supervisor Accounts in Oracle Contact On Demand.