Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Additional Postinstallation and Configuration Tasks > About Installing and Deploying Siebel Business Applications with Multiple Languages >
Installing and Deploying All Required Languages Once
This topic is part of About Installing and Deploying Siebel Business Applications with Multiple Languages.
This scenario is intended for customers who are deploying language packs that shipped with the current release of Siebel Business Applications (version 22.214.171.124 or version 126.96.36.199) and who are installing all of the language packs that their enterprise will require during initial installation and configuration.
Include all of the required languages with your initial installation and deploy them when you configure the installed Siebel software.
NOTE: You perform the tasks in this topic in conjunction with topics such as Installing Siebel Enterprise Server and Installing the Siebel Web Server Extension. Perform all applicable steps that are documented in more detail in these and other topics.
To deploy multiple languages shipped with the current release
- Install Siebel Enterprise Server software on all of the applicable servers, with all of the languages that you will require for the enterprise.
- Configure the Siebel Gateway Name Server and configure the Siebel Enterprise. Also configure the SWSE logical profile.
- Install the Siebel database. This task installs seed data for the primary language into the Siebel database.
NOTE: For information about Siebel Gateway Name Server authentication and associated requirements for the installation and configuration sequence, see Requirements for Siebel Gateway Name Server Authentication.
- Configure each Siebel Server, using the Siebel Server Configuration Wizard. During Siebel Server configuration, specify to deploy all of the installed languages.
- Install SWSE software on all of the applicable Web servers, with all of the languages that you will require for the enterprise.
- Configure each SWSE, using the SWSE Configuration Wizard. During SWSE configuration, specify to deploy all of the installed languages.
- For each additional installed (nonprimary) language that you are deploying for the first time: add the language to the Siebel database and import the Siebel Repository. Also run the MLOV conversion utility (once).
- Install applicable maintenance releases (for example, Siebel Quick Fix releases) on all of the components in your Siebel deployment. (Optionally, you can install a Siebel Quick Fix release after you install a Siebel module and before you configure it.)