Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Installing and Configuring Siebel Management Agents and Siebel Management Server > Process of Installing Siebel Management Server >
Installing Siebel Management Server as a Patch Installation
Use the following procedure to install Siebel Management Server as a patch installation for the current release, Siebel CRM version 126.96.36.199 or version 188.8.131.52. You install the software as a patch release on top of an existing installation of Siebel CRM version 8.1.1 or 8.1.1.x, or Siebel CRM version 8.2.2 or 8.2.2.x.
NOTE: Use this procedure only when an earlier version of Siebel Management Server is already installed. Otherwise, you must follow the steps in Installing Siebel Management Server as a New Installation before you can perform this procedure.
NOTE: Before you perform this procedure, you must have installed Siebel Enterprise Server as a migration installation, for any instance where you are running Siebel Management Agent. For more information, see Installing Siebel Enterprise Server as a Migration Installation.
This topic is part of Process of Installing Siebel Management Server.
To install Siebel Management Server as a patch installation
- Stop the Siebel Management Server service.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the Siebel image location for the current release, and then to the directory where the installer is located. Navigate to
In this path, Siebel_Image is the directory for your version-specific Siebel installation image, such as
- (Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012) Before you run the installer executable program (setup.exe) for Siebel Management Server for the first time, set the compatibility mode to Windows Server 2003 (service pack 1).
Do this on each applicable computer where you install Siebel Management Server. For more information about setting the compatibility mode, see Microsoft documentation.
- Double-click setup.exe to start the Siebel Management Server installer for Siebel CRM version 8.1.1.x or version 8.2.2.x.
The Siebel Management Server installer displays the Welcome screen.
- Click Next.
- Select an instance of Siebel CRM version 8.1.1 or 8.1.1.x or Siebel CRM version 8.2.2 or 8.2.2.x to patch, from the list of detected Siebel installations, and then click Next.
- Follow all of the prompts to complete the installation of Siebel CRM version 8.1.1.x or version 8.2.2.x.
- Restart the Siebel Management Server service.
NOTE: After you restart Siebel Management Server, it automatically reconnects to each instance of Siebel Management Agent. Newly patched instances of Siebel Management Agent are not operational until Siebel Management Server has also been patched.
- Repeat these steps on each computer with a Siebel Management Server installation to be patched. (In most deployments, only one instance is installed.)