Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Installing Siebel Web Clients and Siebel Tools > Installing and Using the Siebel Sample Database >
Procedure for Installing the Siebel Sample Database
Use the following procedure to install the Siebel Sample Database. Install this database after installing the current release, Siebel CRM version 126.96.36.199 or version 188.8.131.52, for the Siebel Mobile Web Client.
Use this Siebel Sample Database with an updated Siebel Repository file (SRF), such as one that you obtain as described in Obtaining Updated Siebel Repository Files. This database contains schema changes, repository changes, and seed data for Siebel CRM functionality through the current release.
NOTE: The following procedure is for installing a new instance of the Siebel Sample Database, for the current release, Siebel CRM version 184.108.40.206 or version 220.127.116.11. For existing deployments for which you have installed the current release as a patch installation for the Siebel Mobile Web Client, use this installer to install a new instance of the Siebel Sample Database. The installer does not patch an existing instance of the Siebel Sample Database.
This topic is part of Installing and Using the Siebel Sample Database.
To install the Siebel Sample Database
- Uninstall your existing Siebel Sample Database from a previous version.
You might have installed the existing database using a Siebel CRM version 8.1.1 or version 8.2.2 installer, or you might have replaced that database with an updated one, such as for Siebel CRM version 18.104.22.168 or version 22.214.171.124.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the Siebel image location for the current software version. Then navigate to the directory where the installer is located. Navigate to
In this path, Siebel_Image is the directory for your version-specific Siebel network image, such as
CAUTION: You must run this installation program from a network drive mapped to a drive letter. If you attempt to install from an unmapped network drive, then the installer might be unable to locate the files that it requires to proceed and might fail.
- Double-click install.exe to start the Siebel Sample Database installer for Siebel CRM version 126.96.36.199 or version 188.8.131.52.
The Siebel Sample Database installer displays a Welcome screen.
- In the Choose Setup Language screen, choose the language in which to conduct the installation, and click OK.
The default installation language is the one that corresponds to the current regional settings on the installation computer.
- If you have an existing Sample Database installation of the same version, then you can choose to add Siebel language packs to this installation.
- If you are installing a new instance of the Siebel Sample Database (into a Siebel Web Client installation that does not already have the Sample Database), then click Next. Go to the next step.
- If you are adding languages to an existing Siebel Sample Database installation, then do the following:
- Select the check box next to the line identifying the existing Sample Database installation to which you are adding languages, and click Next.
- Select the check box next to each language that you are installing, and click Next. Go to Step 9.
- In the Welcome screen that appears, click Next.
- In the Setup Type screen, specify an installation directory for the Siebel Sample Database that is the same as where you installed the Siebel Mobile Web Client. The default installation location for the Siebel Mobile Web Client is
C:\siebel\184.108.40.206.0\Client_1 or a similar location.
CAUTION: You must install the Siebel Sample Database in the same location where you installed the Siebel Mobile Web Client.
Click Browse to select the installation directory for Siebel Mobile Web Client.
- While still in the Setup Type screen, select Typical. Click Next and go to the next step.
NOTE: The Setup Type options currently install the same components.
- In the Choose Languages screen, select the languages (that is, Siebel language packs) that you want to install.
If you are installing Siebel language packs for an existing installation, then go to Step 11.
Verify that your destination computer has sufficient disk space for the installation, and click Next.
- In the Select Program Folder screen, enter the name of the program folder that will contain your Siebel demo application shortcuts, and click Next.
Optionally, you can specify the same location in which shortcuts were created earlier for the Siebel Mobile or Developer Web Client installation. By default, this folder location is similar to
Siebel8_home1\Siebel Web Client 8.1 or
Siebel8_home1\Siebel Web Client 8.2.
Siebel demo application shortcuts (for example, Siebel Call Center Demo - ENU) are created in the program folder that you specify in this step.
Clicking Next in this step initiates file transfer. The setup program copies files to the local hard disk. A status bar in the Setup Status dialog box indicates the progress of the installation.
The setup program copies files to the local hard disk for each specified language, in addition to those that were installed for the base Sample Database installation.
If you have installed all of the specified Siebel language packs, then go to the next step. Alternatively, if you have installed language packs for an existing Siebel Sample Database installation, then the installer exits. Skip the rest of this procedure.
- Review the information presented in the Event Log screen, and click Next.
This log file provides details of the steps the installer has performed during your Sample Database installation.
- Click Finish in the Setup Complete screen.
The Siebel Sample Database installation is now finished.