Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Installing Siebel Web Clients and Siebel Tools > Process of Installing the Siebel Web Client >
Installing the Siebel Web Client as a New Installation
Use the following procedure to install the Siebel Web Client as a new installation for version 8.1.1 or version 8.2.2. Some of the information applies to only the Siebel Mobile Web Client or only the Siebel Developer Web Client.
NOTE: Use this procedure only when the Siebel Web Client is not already installed. After performing this procedure, you must follow the steps in Installing the Siebel Web Client as a Patch Installation to install the current release.
This topic is part of Process of Installing the Siebel Web Client.
To install the Siebel Web Client as a new installation
- Review Requirements for Installing Siebel Web Clients.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the Siebel image location for version 8.1.1 or version 8.2.2. Then navigate to the directory where the installer is located. Navigate to
In this path, Siebel_Image is the directory for your version-specific Siebel network image, such as
- Start the Siebel Web Client installer for version 8.1.1 or version 8.2.2, as follows:
- Take the action appropriate to the task that you are performing. Do one of the following:
- To perform a new installation or to add a Siebel language pack to an existing installation, click Next. The Specify Home Details screen appears. Go to the next step.
- To uninstall an installed instance of the software, click Deinstall Products. Follow the procedure described in Uninstalling Siebel Web Clients.
- In the Specify Home Details screen, enter a name for your installation, and specify the installation location, and then click Next. (Note the installation name and location for future reference.) If you are adding a Siebel language pack, then specify the name and path for your existing installation. Note the following:
- The default installation name is Siebel8_home1 or a similar value. The value that you specify is used in the parent program group name for the Siebel application client shortcuts. (A separate program group is created for the Oracle Universal Installer software.) If you have an existing installation, then specify a new name for a new installation.
- The default installation path is
C:\siebel\188.8.131.52.0\Client_1 or a similar value. Accept the default path, or specify a different location by typing it directly or by clicking Browse.
For more information about Oracle home and installation path requirements, see File and Directory Naming Conventions.
(For Siebel CRM version 8.2.2 only) A screen appears that prompts for email contact information.
- (For Siebel CRM version 8.2.2 only) When prompted for the email address and password corresponding to your My Oracle Support account, click Next. (This information is not used in this context.)
The Product-Specific Prerequisite Checks screen appears.
- Before proceeding, review the installation requirements for the Siebel Web Client software that you are installing.
The installer program performs a validation check to make sure that the installation requirements are met. If they are not, then a prompt appears, stating which requirements are not met. Exit the installer, satisfy the requirements, and restart the installation process.
- If one or more installation requirements have not been met, then correct any missing requirements. (You might have to exit the installer, satisfy the requirements, and restart the installation process.) When you are ready to proceed, click Next.
The Select Languages screen appears.
- Select the languages that you want to install, and click Next. You must select at least one language in order to proceed.
If you are adding languages to an existing installation, then any previously installed languages are unavailable for selection. Do one of the following:
- For a new installation, go to the next step.
- To add a language to an existing installation, go to Step 20.
- In the Welcome screen that appears, click Next.
- Specify the type of Siebel Web Client that you are installing: either Siebel Mobile Web Client or Siebel Developer Web Client. Then click Next. Do one of the following:
- For Siebel Mobile Web Client, go to the next step.
- For Siebel Developer Web Client, go to Step 13.
- (Siebel Mobile Web Client installations only) In the Remote Server Information screen, specify the name of the Siebel Server on which you are running Siebel Remote Server components. Then click Next. Go to Step 20.
Siebel Remote Server components are required for initializing and synchronizing the local database on the Siebel Mobile Web Client computer.
- (Siebel Developer Web Client installations only) In the Siebel Database Server screen, select the type of database server that you are using for Siebel Business Applications. Choose one of the following, and click Next:
- Oracle Database Server
- IBM DB2 UDB for Windows and UNIX
- IBM DB2 UDB for z/OS
NOTE: According on your selection, the Siebel Web Client installer validates that the correct database connectivity software has been installed. If it has not been installed, then you must exit the Siebel Web Client installer, install the required software, and then restart the Siebel Web Client installer.
- (Siebel Developer Web Client installations only) In the Database Identification screen, enter the following information, and click Next. Specify information for the database that you specified in the Siebel Database Server screen in Step 13:
- (Siebel Developer Web Client installations only) In the File System Server Information screen, specify the directory path for a network-based Siebel File System by typing it directly or by clicking Browse. Then click Next.
NOTE: For the Siebel File System path, you can use a UNC share name (for example,
\\SRV1\siebfile) or a mapped drive (for example,
K:\siebelFS). For more information, see File and Directory Naming Conventions. See also Creating the Siebel File System.
- (Siebel Developer Web Client installations only) In the Remote Server Information screen, click Next to accept the default. (This screen is primarily for Mobile Web Client installation.)
- (Siebel Developer Web Client installations only) In the Enterprise Server Information screen, specify the address of the Siebel Gateway Name Server and the name of the Siebel Enterprise to which this Siebel Web Client will connect for administration. Then click Next.
The Gateway Name Server Address is the network name or the IP address of the computer on which the Siebel Gateway Name Server is installed. To enter a specific port number, append the Gateway Name Server Address string with a colon and the desired port number.
The Enterprise Server name is the name of the Siebel Enterprise under which the Siebel Servers that support the server database were installed.
- (Siebel Developer Web Client installations only) In the Server Request Broker Information screen, specify the Request Server Name, and click Next.
This value is the name of the Siebel Server on which the Server Request Broker component is operating. This component is used for dynamic assignment and other interactive operations.
- (Siebel Developer Web Client installations only) In the Search Server Information screen, if you will use a search server, then enter the following for the server computer where the search server operates. Then click Next.
- Review the information in the Summary screen. In particular, confirm that you have met all of the disk space requirements for installation. Click Install to begin installing the Siebel Web Client software.
Siebel Web Client software is installed into the directory specified in Step 5.
- When the browser is displayed and indicates that ActiveX controls have been deployed, close the browser window.
- When all of the files have been installed, click Exit.
The Siebel Web Client installation is now finished. Siebel application shortcuts are created in the program folder specified in Step 5. For more information about these shortcuts, see Siebel Web Client Shortcuts.
- Perform any postinstallation tasks.
For example, to verify successful installation, see Verifying Installation for the Siebel Web Client. Also install the current release, such as version 184.108.40.206 or version 220.127.116.11, as described in Installing the Siebel Web Client as a Patch Installation.