Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Installing Siebel Web Clients and Siebel Tools > Process of Installing the Siebel Web Client >
Installing the Siebel Web Client as a Patch Installation
Use the following procedure to install the Siebel Web Client as a patch installation of the current release, Siebel CRM version 18.104.22.168 or version 22.214.171.124. You install the software as a patch release on top of an existing installation of Siebel CRM version 8.1.1 or 8.1.1.x, or Siebel CRM version 8.2.2 or 8.2.2.x. The information applies to both the Siebel Mobile Web Client and the Siebel Developer Web Client.
NOTE: Use this procedure only when an earlier version of the Siebel Web Client is already installed. Otherwise, you must follow the steps in Installing the Siebel Web Client as a New Installation before you can perform this procedure.
This topic is part of Process of Installing the Siebel Web Client.
To install the Siebel Web Client as a patch installation
- Exit any Siebel software on the client computer where you are installing the current release.
NOTE: For a Siebel Mobile Web Client using the Siebel QuickStart feature, you must also exit the QuickStart agent if it is running. To do this, right-click the QuickStart icon in the system tray, and then choose Exit. For more information, see About Siebel QuickStart.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the Siebel image location for the current release, and then to the directory where the installer is located. Navigate to
In this path, Siebel_Image is the directory for your version-specific Siebel installation image, such as
- Double-click setup.bat to start the Siebel client installer for Siebel CRM version 8.1.1.x or version 8.2.2.x.
- In the Select Oracle Home and Oracle Location screen, select an instance of Siebel CRM version 8.1.1 or 8.1.1.x or Siebel CRM version 8.2.2 or 8.2.2.x to patch, from the list of detected Siebel installations, and then click Next.
- In the Installation Details and Progress screen, click Install to complete the installation of Siebel CRM version 8.1.1.x or version 8.2.2.x.
- When the installer indicates that the software was successfully installed, click Exit.
NOTE: The computer might require a restart at the end of the installation.
- After installing the Siebel Web Client software for the current release (Siebel CRM version 126.96.36.199 or version 188.8.131.52):
- Repeat Step 1 through Step 7 on each computer with an applicable Siebel Web Client installation to be patched.