Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Overview of Installing Siebel Business Applications >
Installation-Related Changes for Siebel Innovation Pack 2013
The Siebel Installation Guide for the operating system you are using, for Siebel Innovation Pack 2013, describes several critical product changes and requirements that affect your installation tasks and the overall flow of these tasks. Some of the following documentation and product changes are only for the Siebel Enterprise Server and Siebel Web Server Extension (SWSE) installers. See also What's New in Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX, Version 8.1/8.2.
- Documentation is for Siebel Innovation Pack 2013. The Siebel Installation Guide for the operating system you are using is for installing Siebel CRM software for Siebel Innovation Pack 2013. This term is used for the following Siebel CRM releases:
- Siebel CRM version 188.8.131.52
- Siebel CRM version 184.108.40.206
These releases include new functionality and also the functionality from Siebel CRM version 8.1.1 and version 8.2.2 and from previous Siebel CRM version 8.1.1.x and version 8.2.2.x releases (Siebel Fix Packs). Going forward, separate versions of the Siebel Bookshelf are no longer provided for Siebel CRM version 8.1.1 and version 8.2.2. However, the previous versions are still available.
References to the current release usually refer to one of these releases. This term might also refer to changed functionality relative to previous releases. Some version references might indicate the Siebel database version.
- Changes in documentation scope. Note the following changes in scope for the installation documentation:
- You use the Siebel Installation Guide for the operating system you are using to perform new installations of the current release. For existing deployments, you now also use this guide to perform patch installations, which are also called migration installations for Siebel Enterprise Server and SWSE.
- For the current release, the applicable Siebel Maintenance Release Guide on My Oracle Support still provides key information for both new installations and patch installations, but it no longer contains detailed instructions for performing patch installations.
- Siebel CRM media and Siebel Image Creator have changed. You obtain the Siebel CRM version 220.127.116.11 or version 18.104.22.168 media from Oracle Software Delivery Cloud and use the Siebel Image Creator utility to create a Siebel network image from which you can perform a new installation or a patch installation (that is, a migration installation) for Siebel Enterprise Server and SWSE. No separate media or installers are provided or used for Siebel CRM version 8.1.1 or version 8.2.2 for these modules.
- Patch installation model has changed. Starting in Siebel CRM version 22.214.171.124 and version 126.96.36.199 (the current release), each Siebel Innovation Pack release is packaged as a complete base release. For an existing installation of Siebel Enterprise Server and SWSE, to apply the current release as a patch installation, you perform a migration installation.
In a migration installation, the installer uses information about your existing installation to perform a new installation. The existing installation directory is first renamed to a backup location, and the new installation uses the original Oracle home name and location. The installer then migrates your customized files from the existing installation to the new installation. A report identifies any conflicts between your customized files and the files delivered by the installer.
For other Siebel modules, separate installers are still used for the base release (Siebel CRM version 8.1.1 or version 8.2.2) and for the current release.
- Uninstallation and rollback have changed. Uninstallation and rollback to a previous version have changed for Siebel Enterprise Server and SWSE because of the installer changes. To be able to roll back to a previous version, you must have retained the backup directory to which the previous installation was moved during a migration installation.
To roll back a migration installation and revert to the previous installation, you must stop the Siebel services, rename the new installation to a backup location, rename the original installation to its original location (matching the Oracle home and location), and restart the services. Other tasks might also be required, depending on your changes to the Siebel database and the Siebel Repository.
- Installer user interface has changed. The user interface for the new installers for Siebel Enterprise Server and SWSE has changed, relative to the previous installers, which were also based on Oracle Universal Installer. The complete installation flow is displayed on the left-hand side of each screen to show key steps and installation progress. To help you to verify that the installation completed successfully, the postinstallation validation is built into the installers, and the installer log files are referenced at the end of the installation task.
- Language installation options have changed. The new installers for Siebel Enterprise Server and SWSE support adding languages to an existing installation of the same version, by using unattended mode (silent mode) only. After adding languages in this case, you must run the Configuration Wizards for the Siebel Server and the SWSE, and perform the tasks to add new languages.
- Limitation for installing Siebel Enterprise Server components. The new installer for Siebel Enterprise Server does not support adding Siebel Enterprise components to an existing installation.
- Siebel Configuration Wizards are updated. In general, after you perform a migration installation for Siebel Enterprise Server or SWSE, you do not have to run the Siebel Configuration Wizards again. However, if you must run these wizards, then you must run the wizards that were installed for the current release (Siebel CRM version 188.8.131.52 or version 184.108.40.206).
- Running Incremental Repository Merge is required for Siebel Innovation Pack 2013, for an existing installation. If you install Siebel CRM version 220.127.116.11 or version 18.104.22.168 as a patch installation (in which case you perform migration installations for existing installations of Siebel Enterprise Server and SWSE), then you must use the Incremental Repository Merge feature to update your Siebel database to the current release level.
- Updated Siebel Repository (SRF) files are available. You must obtain updated Siebel Repository (SRF) files after you install a new Siebel database, before you run Incremental Repository Merge, or before you upgrade your Siebel database.
- Updated Siebel Sample Database installer. The Siebel Sample Database installer is now provided for the current release, Siebel CRM version 22.214.171.124 or version 126.96.36.199.
- Siebel Patchset releases have replaced Siebel Quick Fix releases. For the current release, Siebel CRM version 188.8.131.52 and version 184.108.40.206, individual Siebel Quick Fix releases are no longer provided. Instead, monthly Siebel Patchset releases are provided, each of which provides several fixes. The fixes are provided on a cumulative basis in each Siebel Patchset release.