Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Overview of Installing Siebel Business Applications >
Before You Install Siebel Business Applications
Before you install Siebel Business Applications, you must perform the preinstallation tasks. Many of these tasks are described in Siebel Deployment Planning Guide.
- Review hardware and software requirements.
For more information, see the Certifications tab on My Oracle Support.
- Review the worksheet in Siebel Deployment Planning Worksheet and fill it in as you prepare for installing Siebel Business Applications.
- Plan and prepare for your deployment.
- Configure clustering for the server on which you will install the Siebel Gateway Name Server. Clustering is strongly recommended for production environments.
- Determine your load-balancing strategy.
For more information, see Planning Siebel Server Load Balancing and Process of Configuring Load Balancing for Siebel Business Applications.
- Configure your RDBMS.
NOTE: You can configure the RDBMS at any point before you run the Siebel Database Configuration Wizard. Most of the database tasks described in this guide do not apply if you have an existing Siebel database, such as in an upgrade environment.
This task applies only for Roadmap for Installing and Configuring Siebel Business Applications for a New Deployment. For more information, see Planning RDBMS Installation and Configuration and Configuring the RDBMS.
- Obtain the Siebel media and create a Siebel installation image on the network, from which you will perform installations.
Obtain the media for the current release of Siebel Business Applications, such as Siebel CRM version 18.104.22.168 or version 22.214.171.124. The media pack also includes the media for Siebel CRM version 8.1.1 or version 8.2.2 for installing Siebel Mobile Web Client, Siebel Tools, and Siebel Management Server. For more information, see Creating the Siebel Installation Image on the Network.
- Create directories for Siebel Business Applications software and directories for the Siebel File System.
For more information, see File and Directory Naming Conventions and Creating the Siebel File System.
- Create the required Siebel accounts.
For more information, see Creating the Siebel Service Owner Account.