Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Requirements for Installing and Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Requirements for Installing and Configuring the Siebel Web Server Extension >
General Requirements for Installing and Configuring the Siebel Web Server Extension
This topic lists general requirements for installing and configuring the SWSE.
This topic is part of Requirements for Installing and Configuring the Siebel Web Server Extension.
- Before installing Siebel Business Applications software, you must review the Certifications application on My Oracle Support.
- Review the issues described in Managing Temporary Disk Space Required by Siebel Installers and Wizards. For example, make sure that you have adequate disk space, and make sure that the login ID running the installer has write permissions to the temporary directory.
- You must have installed a supported Web server as identified in the Certifications application on My Oracle Support for the current release. See also Installing the Web Server.
Make sure that the Web server computer on which you install the SWSE meets all of the hardware and software platform requirements documented in the Certifications application on My Oracle Support.
NOTE: Note the port number for the Web server. For an Apache-based Web server, if you are using a nondefault port number, then you must modify the httpd.conf file to reflect the correct port number. For details, see Editing the httpd.conf File for Apache-Based Web Servers.
- You must have installed all of the key Siebel Enterprise Server components, including the Siebel Gateway Name Server, at least one Siebel Server, and the Database Configuration Utilities.
You must have configured the Siebel Gateway Name Server, created and configured the Siebel Enterprise, created the SWSE logical profile, and configured the Siebel Server.
Application Object Manager components must be enabled for the Siebel Business Applications products that you purchased and intend to use. You enable components during initial Siebel Server configuration. For information about enabling server components using Server Manager, see Siebel System Administration Guide.
NOTE: Wait to install additional Siebel Servers until after you have completed installation of the SWSE software and verified the connection from the Web server to the initial Siebel Server.
- You can deploy multiple language packs on one Web server and one SWSE instance. The Siebel Server and the Web server do not have to be operated in the same language. However, the Siebel Server, the Web server, and all of the other server components must use the same character set. For more information, see Siebel Global Deployment Guide. See also About Installing and Deploying Siebel Business Applications with Multiple Languages.
- At least one SWSE is required for each Siebel Enterprise.
- Note that uninstalling an SWSE instance that you have configured removes the associated Siebel application virtual directories. See also Uninstalling the Siebel Web Server Extension.
- Note that the SWSE installer user interface can run in the supported languages described in The Language in Which Siebel Installers and Wizards Run.