Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Uninstalling Siebel Business Applications > Uninstalling Siebel Enterprise Server or Siebel Web Server Extension >
Rolling Back the Siebel Enterprise Server
Use the following procedure to roll back the current release of the Siebel Enterprise Server software on a single computer and revert to the previously installed software version. You can do this only when you have installed Siebel CRM version 184.108.40.206 or version 220.127.116.11 as a patch installation (migration installation) for an existing installation of Siebel CRM version 8.1.1.x or version 8.2.2.x.
NOTE: To be able to roll back the current release and revert to a previous version, you must have retained the backup directory to which the previous installation was moved during the migration installation. During that installation, if the original Siebel Enterprise Server installation directory was named
ses, then it was renamed from
This topic is part of Uninstalling Siebel Enterprise Server or Siebel Web Server Extension.
To roll back the Siebel Enterprise Server
- Review all of the information in About Uninstalling Siebel Business Applications, particularly the requirements and limitations.
- Verify that the renamed original directory, such as
- Stop the Siebel services for the Siebel CRM version 18.104.22.168 or version 22.214.171.124 installation.
- Stop any active Oracle Configuration Manager processes.
- You must use the correct rollback uninstallation method for your situation, as follows. For more information, see Requirements for Uninstalling Siebel Business Applications.
- If you originally installed Siebel CRM version 8.1.1 (using the InstallShield installer) and are now rolling back to Siebel CRM version 8.1.1 through version 126.96.36.199, then use the Oracle Universal Installer uninstallation option to uninstall Siebel CRM version 188.8.131.52. Follow the procedure described in Uninstalling the Siebel Enterprise Server, but do not remove configuration data. After performing this task, go to Step 10. (Step 6 through Step 9 do not apply in this case.)
- If you are rolling back to Siebel CRM version 184.108.40.206 or later or Siebel CRM version 8.2.2 or later, then use the manual steps that follow. Go to the next step. (Step 6 through Step 9 apply in this case only.)
- Delete the directory representing the current installation of Siebel Enterprise Server for Siebel CRM version 220.127.116.11 or version 18.104.22.168. For example, if the directory name is
ses, then delete this directory.
- Rename the backup directory representing the previously installed software to use the original installation directory name for Siebel Enterprise Server. Rename the original (renamed) directory, such as
ses (or whatever your original directory name was).
- Delete the program folder that was created for Siebel CRM version 22.214.171.124 or version 126.96.36.199, which contains the shortcuts for running the Siebel Configuration Wizards.
NOTE: After the rollback, in order to run the Siebel Configuration Wizards, you must use the wizard shortcuts for the version of the software that you rolled back to. Additional requirements apply to the post-rollback environment.
- If you rolled back to Siebel CRM version 188.8.131.52 or later or Siebel CRM version 8.2.2 or later, then verify the version number by using the
opatch command, as described in Verifying Installation for the Siebel Enterprise Server.
- Restart the Siebel services.
- If Oracle Configuration Manager was not configured before you performed a migration installation of Siebel Enterprise Server, then, after a rollback to the original installation, you must configure this instance of Oracle Configuration Manager manually in order for it to function properly.