Applying Main Power to the Server
After you have verified that you can connect to Oracle ILOM and are
ready to install or configure an operating system, apply main power to the
Apply Main Power to the Server
- Verify that the Power/OK LED on the front panel of the server is
in the standby power mode.
In standby power mode, the OK/Power LED illuminates in a standby blink pattern
(0.1 seconds on, 2.9 seconds off), indicating that the SP is working.
- Press the recessed Power button on the server’s front panel to apply main
power to the server.
Power Off From Main Power
- To remove main power from the server, use one of the following two methods:
- Graceful shutdown – Momentarily press and release the Power button on the front panel.
This causes Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI)-enabled operating systems to perform an orderly
shutdown. Servers not running ACPI-enabled operating systems will shut down to standby power
- Emergency shutdown – Press and hold the Power button for at least four seconds
until the main power is off and the server enters standby power mode.
When the main power is off, the Power/OK LED on the front panel
flashes, indicating that the server is in standby power mode.
Caution - To completely power off the server, you must disconnect the AC power cords
from the AC inlets of the power supplies on the back panel of