Remove a Power Supply
- Identify which power supply requires replacement.
Figure 52 Power Supplies and Latches Locations
1 Power supply 0
2 Power supply 1
A lit amber LED on a power supply indicates that a failure was
detected. You can also use the Oracle ILOM show faulty command at the
Oracle ILOM prompt (->) to identify a power supply failure.
Alternatively, to list all known faults in the server, log into the Oracle
Solaris OS and issue the fmadm faulty command, or log into the Oracle ILOM
service processor from the FM captive shell and issue the fmadm faulty command.
Note - The fans of a failed power supply might still be spinning when the
system is powered on. The fans will stop spinning when you disconnect the
- Gain access to the rear of the server where the faulty power supply
- If necessary, release the cable management arm (CMA).
- Press and hold the metal CMA release tab.
- Rotate the CMA out of the way so that you can access the
- Disconnect the power cord from the faulty power supply.
- Grasp the power supply handle and push the power supply latch to the
Figure 53 Removing a Power Supply
- Pull the power supply out of the chassis .
- Continue to Install a Power Supply.