Install a Fan Module
- Remove the replacement fan module from its packaging, and place it on an
- With the top cover fan assembly door open, install the replacement fan module
into the server.
The fan modules are keyed to ensure that they are installed in the
Figure 51 Installing a Fan Module
- Press down on the fan module and apply firm pressure to fully seat
the fan module.
- Verify that the fan module status LED on the replacement fan module is
- Using your thumb and forefinger, tighten the captive screw until finger tight. Then
using a No. 2 Phillips screwdriver, tighten the captive screw an additional 1/4 turn
to secure the fan module to the chassis.
- Close the top cover fan assembly door.
- Verify that the Top Fan LED on the front of the server and
the Service Required LEDs on the front and rear of the server are
See Server General Status Indicators for more information about identifying and interpreting system LEDs.
- Consider your next step:
If you installed the fan module as part of another procedure, return to that procedure.
Otherwise, return the server to operation.
See Returning the Server to Operation.