Configure RAID in Legacy BIOS Boot Mode With the Sun Storage 6 Gb SAS PCIe Internal HBA
- Power on or reset the server.
For example, to reset the server:
- From the local server, press the Power button (approximately 1 second) on the front panel of the
server to power off the server, then press the Power button again to
power on the server.
- From the Oracle ILOM web interface, select Host Management > Power Control, then select Reset from the Select
Action list box.
- From the Oracle ILOM CLI, type: reset /System
- During the boot process, the BIOS initialization banner lists information about the discovered SAS
adapters and devices that are attached to the discovered HBAs in the system.
- Upon seeing the prompt Press Ctrl-C to start LSI Corp Configuration Utility..., immediately press Ctrl+C to access the LSI Corp
The LSI Corp Config Utility menu appears.
- Use the LSI Corp Config Utility to configure RAID on the server.
For instructions on how to use the BIOS configuration utilities to configure RAID
in Legacy BIOS Boot Mode, refer to instructions for creating a bootable drive
on x86/64 systems in the Sun Storage 6 Gb SAS PCIe HBA, Internal Installation Guide For HBA Models SGX-SAS6-INT-Z and SG-SAS6-INT-Z at: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19337-01/index.html