Reviewing Notifications in the Notification Viewer
The Notification Viewer is an Oracle Applications form function. To display the Notification Viewer (or "Personal Inbox"), an Oracle Applications System Administrator or Oracle Applications developer must add this form function to the Navigate menu of a user's responsibility or call this form function from another Oracle Applications form. The Notification Viewer developer form name is FNDWFNOT and its function name is FND_FNDWFNOT. See: Overview of Function Security and Function Security, Oracle Applications Coding Standards.
The Notifications Summary window lists all the notifications sent to you. By default, the window queries only open notifications, but you can choose to show all of your notifications.
The fields and prompts on this folder window can be customized. You can drill down on the current record indicator to view details of an individual notification. The body of the message appears in the overflow region at the bottom of the screen. See: Customizing the Presentation of Data in a Folder.
When you select a notification record in the Notifications Summary window, the Notifications window appears, listing the details of that notification. From the Notifications window you can:
- Reassign the notification to another user.
- Respond to the notification or close the notification if it does not require a response.
If the notification was reassigned or forwarded from another user, the Comment field may include comments entered by that user.
- Drill down to another Oracle Applications window associated with the notification if icons exist in the References region.
To Reassign a Notification to Another User
2. In the Comment field, enter any comments you wish to pass along with the notification. Note that these comments are associated only with the notification and are not passed on as information to other activities in the workflow process.
3. Choose Reassign in either the Notifications Summary or Notifications window.
4. Choose the role name to whom you want to reassign the notification.
To Respond to a Notification
2. Choose Respond to open the Notification Response window if the notification requires a response.
If the notification does not require a response, choose Close to close the notification, so that it does not appear when you query for open or new notifications in the future.
If the notification requires a response, the Notification Response window may require you to supply one or more response values in the fields provided or it may require you to take action in a form.
3. To respond to a notification, enter the information as indicated in the window and choose OK, or complete the action required in the designated form and save your changes.
Once you respond to or close an open notification, you can query for the closed notification again by unchecking the Query Only Open Notifications check box before querying the Notifications Summary window.
You can also choose the View Response button to display the response provided for that notification.
To Drill Down to a Form or URL Associated With a Notification:
2. Double-click on the current record indicator for a notification. The Notifications window appears.
3. In the References region, choose the icon for the reference form or reference URL to which you wish to navigate.
4. When you finish, close the form to return to the Notifications window.
Viewing and Responding to Notifications from the Implementation Wizard
Viewing and Responding to Notifications in Oracle Purchasing