New Features in Oracle Inventory Release 11
New features in this release are as follows:
We have added Kanbans, sourced from either an external supplier or another organization. See: Overview of Kanban Replenishment.
Serialized Cycle Counting
We made major changes to our cycle counting functionality, adding the capability of cycle counting for serial-controlled items and the ability to perform adjustments so long as serial number uniqueness is not violated. See: Serialized Cycle Counting.
Project Manufacturing Support
We now support several new Project Manufacturing features. See: Organization Parameters Window.
- You can enable your inventory organizations for project referencing so that you can specify projects and tasks for inventory transactions.
- You can enable cost collection. You can collect costs from inventory and transfer them to Oracle Projects so that progress billings can include material and work in process project-related charges.
- You can now transfer material between project inventories as well as between common inventory and project inventory.
- You can specify different project control levels for your inventory organizations and control projects at a project or task level.
Available to Promise
We added functionality to the ATP windows to support new supply chain planning and resource availability. See: Viewing ATP Results, Available to Promise, and Capable to Promise.
New and Improved Windows
Four new windows have been added to Oracle Inventory as of Release 11.
- Kanban Cards - We added this window to permit manual definition of kanban cards. See: Defining Kanban Cards.
The following existing windows have been improved in Release 11.
- Cycle Count Serial Number Details - We added this window to facilitate entry of serial numbers during cycle counting. See: Entering Cycle Counts.
- Organization Item - Product Family was added to the User Item Type and BOM Item Type attributes to support the definition of product families in Oracle Bills of Material.
- Cycle Counts - We restructured this window and added a new Serial Control, Schedule alternative region to support serialized cycle counting.
- Manual Schedule Requests - We added a serial number field.
- Cycle Count Entries - We added a serial number field.
- Count Adjustment Approvals - We added a serial number field.
New and Improved Reports
To support kanbans, we added the Print Kanban Cards report. See: Printing Kanban Cards.
To support serialized cycle counting, we modified the following reports by adding a Display Serial Numbers parameter and Serial Numbers column.
- Cycle Count Schedule Requests
- Cycle Count Open Requests Listing
- Cycle Count Listing Report (also added a new zone to print serial number and serial count quantity for each sequence number)
- Cycle Count Pending Approvals Report (also added two new zones, the first to print positive and negative quantity adjustments and the second to print serial numbers)
- Cycle Count Entries and Adjustments Report (also added two new zones, the first to print positive and negative quantity adjustments and the second to print serial numbers)
We reorganized the Reorder Point Report, adding new report parameters and sorting options.
- Cycle Count Hit/Miss Analysis Report (The only change in this report was to add a new field to the printed report displaying whether the report includes serialized items).
To support multiple reporting currencies (MRC), we added Currency and Exchange Rate to the parameters in the Material Account Distribution Detail Report. See: Material Account Distribution Detail.
New and Improved Processes
To support kanbans, we added the Generate Kanban Cards process, which automatically generates kanban cards in batch mode from sourcing information in the pull sequences. See: Overview of Kanban Replenishment.
Profile Option Changes
Oracle Inventory includes the following new profile options for Release 11. See: Oracle Inventory Profile Options.
|INV:Project Miscellaneous Transaction Expenditure Type
||Governs the entry of expenditure types for project miscellaneous transactions. You can either permit manual entry of expenditure types, or you can let the Cost Collector use the expenditure types linked to the cost elements of the current weighted average unit cost of the item to post to Projects.
|INV:Capable to Promise
||Governs the calculation of Capable to Promise and Product Family Available to Promise. You can enable Standard ATP, Product Family ATP, or Product Family ATP plus Capable to Promise calculations.
|INV:Product Family Item Template Name
||Selects the default Product Family Item Template.